The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Lightbulb Work, The person you just can not stand and the rude and unhappy boss...Vent :)

Ive worked at the same place for 5 1/2 years, I like most everyone I work with but like everywhere theres that 1 person..

and I seriously cant stand her. Im almost to the point where I cant even talk politely to her anymore. Shes been here 3 years and pretty much since day one I formed my opinion. I know I didnt even give her a chance. Whatever..here is a list of some of the things she does that just really really PI$$ me off..

- I answer the phone, I love this part of my job probably because I talk to much and Im super friendly. She is supposed to back me up if I need it. Now its only a 10 line phone but I do alot more than answer the phone so sometimes Im on the phone and sometimes I have to actually have a conversation, and gosh golly sometimes people actually call me so with that said........

A- She marks down how many times a day she answers the phone. ABSOLUTLY LUDACRIS. Im not quite sure what she thinks this is accomplishing but I take it personal.

B- If I step away from my desk to use the bathroom, or to send a fax or you know do one of the 1000 of daily tasks I do everyday that do NOT involve me sitting on top of the phone, I have to call her and tell her and give her an Approx. time limit.... WTF. Oh not to mention that I guess when I get a call I should put them on hold call her and tell her the phone is for me and I may be unavaliable for on I dont know 3 seconds maybe longer but as always ill be sure to call you when Im finished.

I just find it absolutly ludicris that I have spend MORE TIME CALLING her to tell her what I am doing than to just GO AND DO IT.

Am I wrong here ? Not to mention she feels the need to bring in every single child fundraiser from her church into the office and she doesnt shoot an E-Mail hey if anyone wants to buy blah blah its in the lunch room.... NO she has all the time in the world to stop by EVERY SINGLE persons desk and ask them what they want and proceeds to read everything they have to them..... IT JUST REALLY PI$$$ES me off. Everything she does...

I changed my lunch hour from 12 to 12:30 because she just couldnt wait another 1/2 to go to lunch, but she on a REGULAR BASIS takes lunch whenever the h#ll she pleases and more times than not she goes at 12:25..right when I thought I WAS GOING TO GO, but now I have to wait for her to get back.. because she beat me to the punch I guess.

I should mention I work in a very causal office, if you have things you need to do then go do it. I DONT take advantage of this apperantly like we are allowed to. SHE however does, ALLL THE TIME, like if she comes in at 7:50 that makes her coffee and toast ( WHICH SHE DOES EVERYDAY) that automatically means she gets to either take an extra 10 at lunch or leave 10 early...UMMM NO. I guess I have a whole differant work ethic and I am becoming bitter over it.

I should also add, I work with the "guys" and she works in the "girl" office. There are 2 bosses ( kind of ) the Pres. who Everyone reports to and then there is kind of a Girl boss. I report to the Pres, becuase I work directly with him everyday. She reports to the girl boss, who has a WORSE work ethic than anyone here. Its crazy how little she actually works, but whatever she is in a "power" positon and it is what is . But the guy boss, is unapproachable, bitter about life, and has more mood swings than a woman going through menopause. to be frank he scares the shit out of me... and well most everyone here. He takes it out on everyone else when the Girl boss isnt here , but never says anything to her. I dont know the whole office dynamic here but it could have something to do with the fact that the girl boss is the owners daughter.. hows that for special treatment. So anyway, she does NOT MANAGE the girl side, they are running around like school girls over there baking and coming and going and talking all day UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. So basically as unahappy as he is he takes it out on the rest of us, because there isnt really a whole lot he can do about it anyway. I know his job is stressful, the owner is notoriously known to be hard to work for. It is a relief around here when they are out of town ( which happens alot ) but when he comes back we all know Sh&^S going to hit the fan, hes known for just walking into peoples offices and telling them they are fired. And then the Pres. kind of has to clean up the mess, and try to figure out what happend and why he the owner just did that. but thats another story. I just try to fly under the radar !!

Vent Much

Sorry this may be hard and confusing I did write this on work time so I cant say much... But HEY, AT LEAST IM GETTING THE PHONE ...Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by CanTango1; May. 18, 2010 at 03:04 PM.
    Ride it like you stole it....ohhh sh*t

oh and we fired our HR rep in Nov. due to the economy her job has been delegated amongst all of us, but the end all be all reporting HR rep is... You guessed it, the owners daughter.......... Insert eye roll icon.

Isn't there something in the EEOC about church things at work? I would find out and just threaten her. Sounds like a bully. Bully back.

Its not that im offended though, heck we all like cookies and candy and subs !!!! I do buy somethings.

That was just part of my rant because she did that while I was typing, it just kills me she has time to stop by the 20 offices we have to ask. We are all busy just shoot an E-Mail, put it in a central location and if we are interested we will sign our names and what we want.

Really I have no desire to talk to you about candy or anything else for that matter so just leave me alone !

Using her own tendencies against her, make a list of what time she comes in, whether she's made toast, what time she's actually behind the desk working, and every time she leaves for lunch or the day early and how many minutes, and how many times she's screwed up your lunch schedule.

Leave it where she can see it. If she says something, tell her you thought that's how you guys operated given the phone answering list and her need to know your exact location and time spent away from your desk. And then look innocent, be sugary sweet and ask if you've gotten your wires crossed and look confused.

I'm pretty good at the passive aggressive thing...

I helped start my company 7 1/2 years ago.

I made the unfortunate choice to date the president of the company after his wife (temporarily) left him. We had been friends prior having worked together for many years.

That's been over for a long time. BUT whenever my life gets really good, stuff at work gets bad.

Last week, I was issued a formal reprimand that I now must keep my office door open unless I get express permission to close it.

I kid you not.

In fact, I got a second disciplinary action last week because it was only "cracked" 2 feet and not WIDE open.

LOL

Just yesterday, I had to actually ask permission to close my door to take a private call.

The last time I got into a serious relationship (got engaged a few years ago) he left his wife and was amazed that I wouldn't leave my fiance.

Yeah. It's fun.

So there ya go. My little personal nightmare.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...