The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Introducing "Coral" - 2 year old Sun Conure

This is my little girl "Coral", a 2 year old Sun Conure.

Anybody else have parrots?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of Copy of tazz 014.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	29306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of tazz 011.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	29307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of tazz 025.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	29308  

I have four cats, so, no birds. But Coral is adorable. Looking at those bright colors, alone, must cheer you up.

Parrots are just the neatest birds. They're so smart and cheeky. I hope you have many happy years with Coral.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Awww, she's beautiful!

We used to have an Eastern Rosella named Paco. He was such a character! Alas, he had to be pts. In his absence, my allergies cleared up significantly. I miss his antics though.

I have a Blue Front Amazon named Becca. She is a very interesting pet to live with.
    Sheilah

Yes, but he drives me CRAZY. I am the only person he tolerates. He is the neediest creature on this earth. I would love to hate him, but alas, I love him back.

Oh, I love the color and the voices of the Blue Front Amazons, especially the voices!

Coral is actually "cuddly". It's weird to think of a bird as cuddly, but she really and truly is! Very smart, likes to think she owns the world, and funny as hell!

I have a 1 1/2 yr old Double Yellow Headed Amazon. She is a great talker and loves to cuddle. She was hand fed so she just loves all people. Of course the cats and dogs stay away she goes after them

I love having a pet parrot in the house. She is always entertaining and she is very, very smart.

She loves having her head and neck rubbed and scratched and will step up from inside her cage (but not from "on" her cage).

My husband is a frequent caller to a local radio show and he can get pretty worked up. Becca responds to all that drama and emotion in his voice and gets worked up herself. So, as a result, the listeners to the radio show can hear my husband pontificating on some subject, and they can hear Becca in the back ground screaming out "WHAT? HELLO!!!". They are almost a comedy team! And the radio show host enjoys it so much that he has made Becca's vocalizations the buffer audio on his show.
    Sheilah

IdahoRider - that story about your husband is hilarious! And yes, I can totally see that as I used to own a yellow-nape Amazon. Sabbath could mimic many different voices, and loved to get involved in heated conversations!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sabbath 12.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	29310  

Coral is beautiful!

I had parakeets growing up and my sister had a cockatiel. Such sweet birds! I enjoy birds alot (I'm an avid birder), but have 3 indoor cats and travel alot during the summer... One of the days though, I'd love to have an small aviary in my backyard (when or if I ever own a house!).
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
    IdahoRider - that story about your husband is hilarious!
    The REALLY funny part was a couple of weeks ago when my husband decided to announce his name submission for a city council seat (our mayor quit in a huff, and the city council will likely appoint one of their own to fill that position, opening up a city council seat that they can then fill by appointing someone).

So, my husband did not specify that it was his name that had been submitted. He just said that he wanted to announce the submission of "a" name. Of course, it was his plan to continue by saying that it was his name. But the radio host pipped up and asked if it was Becca's name that had been submitted!

Honestly, I think she is becoming very popular!
    Sheilah

Don't own any myself, but used to work with a guy who had tons! He breeds and raises. He goes and does talks and all sorts of stuff. We always had baby birds in the office lol.

My daughter has a 2 year old rose crowned conure, Beau! He is quite the character and he talks a lot!! The cat and the dog ignore him (dog is actually so afraid he may get in trouble if he even moves... he does not come in the room if Beau is loose).
    I really enjoy him and his antics ... I look forward to babysitting him once my daughter leaves home and takes him away... I will miss his noisy presence!

Coral is adorable!

I love my two fids, I have a 17 year old Meyer's parrot and an 11 year old Senegal parrot.

Roy (the Senegal) will let himself out of his cage if I sleep in too late, and stand on the pillow next to me yelling "Hey Baby!". Cracks me up every time Paco (the Meyer's) is just plain naughty, and when she's irritated she goes off like a smoke alarm, so glad we no longer live in an apartment... Explaining that one to the neighbors got old

Roy taking a bath
    My nephew and Roy at snacktime

Naughty Paco
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~

I would love to have a conure. There was a Patagonian looking for a new home not too long ago. I have always loved the coloring of the Sun Conures. Gorgeous.
    Sheilah