The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default What do you drive?

I know that the COTH members are very particular when it comes to trucks. Is that what you drive everyday?

My ride is an 08 Chevy Malibu, and I love it.

I have a 04 Ford Focus... 120,000 miles on it and haven't had anything major wrong with it :::knock on wood:::. Will drive it until I get done with school.. or until it dies, which ever comes first.

A 1985 Volvo (currently dead in the driveway, awaiting TLC from my mechanic father) and a 1985 Suburban (currently hemorrhaging oil and singlehandedly threatening the watershed through which my husband commutes). Can't wait to upgrade to more modern and fuel-efficient vehicles some day!
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

'10 Toyoto Prius Hybrid. No problems with these where I'm living, and I think the scare was hyped up in the US. This car is so great on gas, I get many, many trips to the barn without even thinking about checking the tank. I know us horse people need trucks to haul horses but for non-hauling purposes this car is great on the pocket book for horse people.

1999 Isuzu Amigo and 1997 Mustang..both paid off, both over 100,000 miles, but both all ours and get us where we need to go ...hope to add a newer Chevy truck (just have to take over payments from our friend), to which I will add a hitch and then hope to find a trailer.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

07 Subaru Forester. Love my car. In fact, I've only had Subaru's so far in life. (well, I did have a VW Scirocco during my college years...what a horrible lemon of a vehicle) Tough, reliable, good in the snow, and the Forester has tons of room for horse crap.

I also have a 99 F350. Love my truck, but I'm getting the need to get a newer one, in diesel.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

A 1997 Expedition 4x4--painful at the gas pumps. But we live in the country,
    it's paid for (bought in 1999), refuses to die so far, hauls two large dogs who
    live for rides, feed, etc, and so forth. Have to battle I-35 in Texas which is one of the worst interstates I've lived near with tons of truck traffic and love the
    vision improvement from sitting higher. Very, very, very short merging on-ramps
    so the power comes in handing plus it's set up as a back-up tow vehicle if one
    goes slow (trailer sways over 55 mph).

2008 Dodge red 1 ton dually diesel
    2008 BMW 328i Crimson Red convertible
    1975 IH Loadstar Crew Cab with Imperator 3/4 horse Body.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

'07 Ford F150. I love it!
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

I love my little '98 Honda Accord. I get close to 30mpg highway, and the silver paint/tan fabric interior hide barn dust well.

'06 Audi A4....love at first site (and drive)....bought it when my VW got totaled, I'll never go back!

'04 Mini Cooper S.

Got it used in '07, switched from a dodge ram 1500 because I was driving a lot and couldn't afford the gas.

I have put over 100,000 miles on the mini in just over 3 years, and it just is not holding up to the miles and the driving. I love it dearly but recently it has been in and out and in and out and in and out of the shop. It is VERY costly to repair.

It doesn't help that I got rear-ended may of '09 by a semi, and the insurance company should have totalled it and didn't. It was a 3 month battle with the insurance to get anything but the bumper fixed (everything else was "coincidental damage" having nothing to do by getting rear ended by a semi on the freeway... including the fact that my transmission wouldn't go into gear because it was jammed an inch and a half up into my engine bay!!).
    So i'm not sure if the various problems are just from all the mileage or are lingering problems from the accident, or both.

I'm still paying it off and paying off all the repairs, unfortunately. If it was financially possible I would look into getting something more reliable. Sigh.
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

www.sararoxannephotography.com
    www.facebook.com/sararoxannephotography

07 Subaru legacy, 09 Subaru Impreza, and my son drives the 01 Subaru Forester I sold him when he got his first job.

I had a '92 Ford Ranger until it died last summer with about 230K miles. I don't have a trailer so I can't really justify going out and buying a truck. I miss having one though, bought my first truck in 1988 and always had one until last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BasqueMom View Post
    A 1997 Expedition 4x4--painful at the gas pumps. But we live in the country,
    it's paid for (bought in 1999), refuses to die so far, hauls two large dogs who
    live for rides, feed, etc, and so forth. Have to battle I-35 in Texas which is one of the worst interstates I've lived near with tons of truck traffic and love the
    vision improvement from sitting higher. Very, very, very short merging on-ramps
    so the power comes in handing plus it's set up as a back-up tow vehicle if one
    goes slow (trailer sways over 55 mph).
    Yep...I have a V8 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laradeo....I really like it....but it is painful at the pumps..and I drive about 80 miles per day. But it's paid for, and I don't want another car payment

Hubby: Subaru Outback '08

Me: Mini Cooper or Chevy Silverado 2500 Diesel (love them both!)

Another Subaru-lover here. Currently have an '07 Forester & DH has a '98 Impreza Sport. The only cars I've ever owned are Subarus. Why mess with it if it's working - roomy, AWD, rugged. Great for horse-related endeavours.

ETA: They're all manual transmission, too.

Scion tC

'04 Chevy Classic (Malibu)
    '04 Chevy Silverado 2500

Don't really like the classic, but its a good car. Dependable, good gas mileage. Really would like an Acura XL or Audi A4 - buuut do not want that car payment. Maybe once the truck is paid off and i looooooooove my truck!!

often between a rock and hard place in Ky

I have an 05 prius and love it especially with my 60 mile commute to the barn and to work.
    ___._/> I don't suffer from insanity.. I enjoy every
    ____/ minute of it! Member stick horse art lovers
    ';;;;;;; clique
    //__\\<-- Don't feed the llama!

Mine is an '03 Yukon. His is an '08 F250 w/ all the snazzy accessories such that it's "oozing testorone", to quote a co-worker. Technically, they're both "ours", but you know it goes.
    Jer 29: 11-13