The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Can you help us find a video or picture of our horse when he raced at Charles Town?

We are the proud owners of Concerto's Moon, an OTTB that now belongs to my 13 year old daughter. He has a new career now - he is an amazing junior H/J mount and we just couldn't be happier with our big boy.

I know that he raced at Charles Town on 5/24/2006 - his one and only race - which he won. Is there a way to get a video or pictures of him winning that race?

Also, I do not have his papers - the trainer that we bought him from knew his name, which we confirmed through his tattoo. Is it possible to get his papers and if so, how?

Our "Mooney" now has a forever home with us and we are so totally in love with him! I was hoping to track this info down as present for my daughter.

Here's a short video of our precious boy in his new career...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IPpOmEEa8A

Thanks for your advice.

And what a lovely name your boy has!

We new OTTB owners have been previously advised here on this forum to call the track and ask for the track photographer. My OTTB lived at Charles Town for six years and won his two races there: I volunteer to do this Monday, and will pass on what I'm told!

Unless anyone here with a Charles Town connection has a better idea?

Thanks Pallas - I will wait to hear what you find out!

Mine raced once at Charles Town too, also very interested

Go to www.equibase.com and put your horse's name in the slot (lower left side of the screen) where it says "horse search." You will get charts for all his races. (You may need to join equibase, but that is at no charge & there is no charge to get this information).

If you see a little video camera icon beside the race, there is also a video of the race - it costs something like 35 cents to watch it.
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

Charles Town used to sell videos of the races for $25. Contact the track to find out who to make the request to, the race stewards can help if you cannot find out through the switchboard.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by SpringOakFarm View Post
    I know that he raced at Charles Town on 5/24/2006 - his one and only race - which he won. Is there a way to get a video or pictures of him winning that race?
    Agree with the other poster to look up Equibase for the dates he won & call the track photographer. He win & ran more than once. Total of 11 starts with 2 wins, 1 second & 0 thirds -- $27,220 in earnings.

http://www.ctownraces.com will have the main CT # & you can ask the operator for the race photographer. She'll be able to tell you about the videos.

Thank you so much!

We had previously thought that he ran only once! We learned so much about him on this site - his breeder, his trainer, his BIRTHDAY (which my daughter was very excited to learn), and we DID get to see a video of him racing. Not his winning race, but still we got to see him on the track. (Poor boy - it was a total swamp that day!)

We are so proud of him! He is so loving, has such a gentle soul, and he's talented! He is my daughter's dream mount.

I'll make the call tomorrow!

And ask about the videos, too. I had seen one of my fella's 2 wins on the Equiline site (my present to myself on his birthday), but since he was a late closer, raced in blinkers, the day was mucky and the video grainy, I have to say I couldn't really see much that spoke to me of him. His other win does not have a video posted: so far, I've had to see it in my mind, going by the racing report's depiction: "Drew off, driving."

He must have thought he heard some grain rattle in a bucket.

Definately call CT. My friend just recieved a DVD of her geldings last race (and win) this week. She brought it right over to work and we popped it in the DVD player and relived that brisk, but very rewarding February evening. Best of luck to you!
    Cindy

I am so glad you are learning the history of your horse . Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by SpringOakFarm View Post

We are so proud of him! He is so loving, has such a gentle soul, and he's talented! He is my daughter's dream mount.
    You should share this information on his new career with his breeder and trainer. Congrats, your daughter and horse make a lovely team!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg