The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I guess I just don't understand how the perfect fit for you in January was a horse who couldn't jump (where you describe yourself as a pleasure rider with an eye to dressage clinics), in February, a horse who might be the perfect fit is 10 years old and unbroken, and then in March you are offering to put a show record on a level 5 and 6 jumper in Florida. You've also written about how you are looking to show a hunter, and you've mentioned you want to breed at least twice. You've asked about horses in California (the owner wanted it to remain on the West Coast), in Michigan, in Tennessee, in Georgia as well as some in Virginia. You want the "perfect fit" but at least twice have offered to pick up a horse sight unseen, and apparently without even hearing details from the owner.

I don't know that it makes you a dealer, but it does make you look inconsistent.
    Last edited by SMF11; May. 27, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Now I have been nice to a point, but please do not say anything unless you are certain with your facts. I am looking for a forever horse and want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks for understanding everyone!!!!

I have no idea what the facts really are, all I did was go back and read your previous posts.

Thanks SM for understanding!!! I hope this lovely guy is still available and if not I hope he a good life!!!!

Hello is he still available? I've been looking for a few months now and I'm just waiting for the perfect match. Please let me know.

I don't make a concerted effort to reconstruct COTHers real-time events and lives.

The only thing that did catch my eye is "I can pick him up this weekend." I do understand as how it would be convenient to meet the horse while you are in the area. As an owner of a free riding horse, I'd wonder why you didn't want to at least check him out and do the In The Driveway/Down Home PPE. I'd be worried if someone implied they'd take my horse sight unseen.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    I don't make a concerted effort to reconstruct COTHers real-time events and lives.

The only thing that did catch my eye is "I can pick him up this weekend." I do understand as how it would be convenient to meet the horse while you are in the area. As an owner of a free riding horse, I'd wonder why you didn't want to at least check him out and do the In The Driveway/Down Home PPE. I'd be worried if someone implied they'd take my horse sight unseen.
    Thanks for the concern MVP. I am in fact a knowledgable horsewomen who just wants the right horse. I was heading up to PA to a friends house and was just trying to make the trip easier for everyone. I can understand where some people might be concerned. If Buttons, is still available, I would love to see pics and talk to homeopener. I would give him a great lifelong home.

Quote Originally Posted by SMF11 View Post
    I guess I just don't understand how the perfect fit for you in January was a horse who couldn't jump (where you describe yourself as a pleasure rider with an eye to dressage clinics), in February, a horse who might be the perfect fit is 10 years old and unbroken, and then in March you are offering to put a show record on a level 5 and 6 jumper in Florida. You've also written about how you are looking to show a hunter, and you've mentioned you want to breed at least twice. You've asked about horses in California (the owner wanted it to remain on the West Coast), in Michigan, in Tennessee, in Georgia as well as some in Virginia. You want the "perfect fit" but at least twice have offered to pick up a horse sight unseen, and apparently without even hearing details from the owner.

I don't know that it makes you a dealer, but it does make you look inconsistent.
    I know that this thread is old, but I just wanted to post that you are right on the money, SMF. This poster has owned approximately 15 horses in the past 2-3 years. She buys one, has it for about 30-60 days (sometimes even less), and then she trades it or dumps it with a hack trainer down in Waynesboro, VA who is known for starving horses.

I personally saw firsthand one horse that she bought where she was specifically told that the horse needed to be on joint supplements. She never put him on the supplements and then wondered why he was slightly "off." He was a LOVELY and sweet horse and he literally stood in a dirty stall for the 30 days or so that she "owned" him before sending him back to the seller. (She was a self-care boarder that never cleaned her stalls.) Never once did he get turnout, and after the first few rides, she never got back on him again. That horse is now showing in the children's jumpers up in Pennsylvania.

I would never, EVER, in good consciousness, let any horse go to this person for any reason.

1 members found this post helpful.

Friend of bar.ka!
    Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    GM quote of the day, regarding the correct way to do things:
    "There's correct, and then there's correct. If you're almost correct, that means you're wrong."

I should also add that this person is located in the Northern VA area. I can provide additional details privately for anyone who is interested.

Well this just got interesting....

yikes.
    she just posted on march 4 that she needs a hauler for a gelding in PA to get to VA.
    ayrabz
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem"
    --Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by ayrabz View Post
    yikes.
    she just posted on march 4 that she needs a hauler for a gelding in PA to get to VA.
    I saw that, too. I hope that the horse she's transporting isn't one from the Giveaways forum.

The laughable part is that she always promises every horse "a forever home." She also keeps searching for horses for her "son." Her son doesn't even live with her anymore and now lives out of state with his dad, who left her. Three guesses as to why he left her.
    Last edited by Hey Soul Sister; Mar. 9, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

Holy Shiat
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

Now Christa... Didnt your mother ever tell you if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. Oh thats right you dont have a life and all you do is try to belittle people on message boards. Dont you EVER talk about my family again. I am not one to create drama. You are!!! You left two barns (both of which will not have you back) for not paying board or cancelling the checks right after you leave. I also hauled your horse from charlottsville for free!!! You are ungreatfull wench who shouldnt even have a horse. Now leave me the HELL ALONE!!! If you have anything to say to me, you have my phone number. STOP BEING A COWARD!!! I really wish that you would be nicer to Jeff, maybe he wouldnt be calling me. I hope I do see you at a show or two this year...so i can kick your a$$ in the ring!!!!!!

Oh GOOD! Another episode of "As the Manure Pile Turns"
    OLD FRIENDS FARM-Equine Retirement-We LOVE Seniors!! Spoiling Retirees since 1998
    http://www.angelfire.com/oldfriendsfarm/home.html
    Charter Member of UYA!

Quote Originally Posted by lawndart View Post
    Oh GOOD! Another episode of "As the Manure Pile Turns"
    LIKE.

Well, well, you never know what might pop up on a quiet Monday afternoon.
    "Your best can be worn at any length"- Jason Mraz

I don't know what you're on or what you're smoking. Oh, wait...nevermind. Your "facts" are once again, inaccurate. I couldn't care less about you, but am merely concerned about the lovely horses and ponies who might end up in less than pleasant situations if they were to fall into your hands. Such as ending up with someone who won't feed them, which you are quite aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by llltf3 View Post
    Now Christa... Didnt your mother ever tell you if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. Oh thats right you dont have a life and all you do is try to belittle people on message boards. Dont you EVER talk about my family again. I am not one to create drama. You are!!! You left two barns (both of which will not have you back) for not paying board or cancelling the checks right after you leave. I also hauled your horse from charlottsville for free!!! You are ungreatfull wench who shouldnt even have a horse. Now leave me the HELL ALONE!!! If you have anything to say to me, you have my phone number. STOP BEING A COWARD!!! I really wish that you would be nicer to Jeff, maybe he wouldnt be calling me. I hope I do see you at a show or two this year...so i can kick your a$$ in the ring!!!!!!
    And this post here says it all.....I would never in good conscience send a horse to you. Very, very immature.