The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Quiet Appendix Gelding free to a good home (Sound)

I am in need of finding a home for my 6 year old Appendix gelding. He is 15.2 hands very flashy, wins at the hunter shows. He jumps 2'6 courses and has started his changes. He does need an experienced competent rider not because he is dangerous but he is lazy and will not use himself with a beginner. Dead broke on the trails, no show prep needed, loads, cross ties, he is a true sweetheart. Button rides in a D-ring snaffle and riders use spurs on him. Always a hack winner and has very good form over fences. He is not for a lesson program (tried and he doesn't like it) He had colic surgery when he was 3 and has had no issues since. He does crib unfortunately. Button is free to a forever good home (show, trail, or pasture puff!) Please pm me for pictures!

Where are you located?

Default appendix gelding

Hello I am interested in your guy? Can you please let me know where he is located? Also Pictures please!!!

Thanks so much!!!!

Laura
    llltf3@yahoo.com

He sounds too good to be true!

HomeOpener, you have a PM.

Hello

I was wondering if he is still available? I am very interested in giving him a forever home. Thanks

Laura

He is located in Quakertown, PA

tippy13 Guest

Hi, I live in Kintnersville and am interested in him. Could you give me a call that is the best and easiest way of getting ahold of me. Thanks
    Jeanette
    610 513 0074

Default buttons

Is he still available? I will give him an excellent forever home and can pick him up this weekend. Thanks for your time.

Laura

OP, I hope you read the stickied thread named "Tips for Safe Rehoming from the COTH Community." Sometimes a poster in this forum will raise red flags.

Quote Originally Posted by chaltagor View Post
    OP, I hope you read the stickied thread named "Tips for Safe Rehoming from the COTH Community." Sometimes a poster in this forum will raise red flags.
    I hope so, too. Someone has been looking for a LOT of free horses and it makes you wonder if they go to slaughter or what!! Scary!!
    They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken...

Default WOAH.....

Quote Originally Posted by LaBonnieBon View Post
    I hope so, too. Someone has been looking for a LOT of free horses and it makes you wonder if they go to slaughter or what!! Scary!!
    Creepy......I thought the same thing

I'm glad someone said something, I was concerned too but couldn't figure out how to diplomatically say something . . .

Default On the flip....

Could be harmless....maybe just a severe tire kicker??

Lets hope so

I hope you are all are not referring to me!!! I have one horse now and am looking for a campanion for him. I have been inquiring about numerous horses only to make sure that I get a good match. I have not heard back from this person, so I must assume that this horse has found a new home. I am in no way a dealer or do I send horses to slaughter. I rescued my horse that I have right now. I really wish people would not jump to conclusions. I am interested in this guy because he sounds perfect for my situation. But if he has already found a home, I hope he has a great life there. But if he is still available, I am more than interested in him. I have tons of references from vets, farriers and trainers that I am more than willing to pass along. Home opener, please contact me. I promise to give him a life long home.

llltf3-

I cant say for sure if they were talking about you or not, but if I had posted it ( and I thought about it ) I can say my post would have been about you.

Im happy to see that you cleared things up a bit, However, you have to admit several postings with no response and then the quote " I can pick him up this weekend".. You know nothing about the horse or the owner besides what was listed in this thread.

Just seems fishy to me, but then I like to get to know everything I can about the horse and the owner !!!! Just seems easier that way.
    Ride it like you stole it....ohhh sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by llltf3 View Post
    I hope you are all are not referring to me!!! I have one horse now and am looking for a campanion for him. I have been inquiring about numerous horses only to make sure that I get a good match. I have not heard back from this person, so I must assume that this horse has found a new home. I am in no way a dealer or do I send horses to slaughter. I rescued my horse that I have right now. I really wish people would not jump to conclusions. I am interested in this guy because he sounds perfect for my situation. But if he has already found a home, I hope he has a great life there. But if he is still available, I am more than interested in him. I have tons of references from vets, farriers and trainers that I am more than willing to pass along. Home opener, please contact me. I promise to give him a life long home.
    I was referring to you. Like CanTango said, thank you for clearing things up and I sincerely apologize for jumping to conclusions. I just found it a more than a bit odd you had posted on several different horses all ranging in suitability--from ponies for your son, to made horses, to green mares you wanted to breed. Rarely did you post in any other forums except giveaways. It only leads one to think you are some sort of dealer.

Now that you have cleared the air, good luck in finding something suitable and again I am sorry for assuming.

Thansk for everyone's concern. I am just really trying to find the perfect fit. Thanks very much. I would like to still know the status of this guy.

Well, you haven't cleared up for me why the perfect fit is now a companion, when you've written in the past that you were looking to show a hunter and then breed it next year. http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=252723

Have your plans changed that much in a month?

The perfect fit is not a companion. I was saying companion as to say friend or compadre. I want to be able to ride and show as well. Hence this is why this gelding seem perfect!!! I truly hope that everyone has better things to do than to bash me for trying to give a horse a great LIFE LONG HOME!!!! If you notice, all the ones that I have inquired about have found new homes. I am looking for the perfect fit!!! i hope everyone understands. The only reason I said I could pick him up this weekend is because I will be close to where he is. Now everyone please stop bashing me!!! Thanks so much and God Bless!!!!

Home Opener- if he is still available, you can contact me privatelty please