The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kerrits breeches/tights..yay or nay?

What are your opinions on Kerrits stuff? I have 1 pair of the sit-tight lites, and I don't know if I should get the supreme ones or mayb the breathe tight II. My pair aren't very grippy but I didn't get them new so maybe that's part of it.

I'd like to get everyones reviews/opinions on their breeches, likes dislikes etc. I have heard they work well even when wet but don't have first hand knowledge so if you can speak on this feel free

I ride a bucking bronco and I love the Sit tight supreme breeches. They're super sticky and not too expensive. The only draw-back is they also stick to your skin on the inside, but this also keeps you extra stuck to the saddle.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

I always wondered what the Kerrits breach was like? I have the F.I.T.S breaches and really love them..... they are super sticky once broken in, but are a bit pricey.

The Kerrit's supreme look very similar in design to the FITS but cost much less.

Thumbs up Microcords!

I love the microcords! They don't have the ridiculously sticky seat, but are breathable and have enough grip to help you out in the saddle.

I bought one pair of the sit-tights and hate them, too sticky and sweaty for me. I haven't tried the new sit-tight or breathe-tight II with the channel rib yet.

Quote Originally Posted by horse-habit View Post
    ...very similar in design to the FITS but cost much less.
    Understatement of the year!

I love Kerrits; they're all I wear. I have the microcord bootcut breeches, the fabric is great and holds up SO WELL. I have also the regular fabric breeches, and while I agree that the patches stick to your skin in addition to the saddle, it doesn't bother me much. I don't think I sweat more in them, which I've heard/seen other people state, I think they just think they do because of the patches sticking a little.

I almost got the sit-tite or breathe-tites, but remembered that "oh yeah...I ride a pony I have to convince to canter" and decided against it.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

I absolutely hate the sit-tites. They don't breathe at all, so they're only suitable for cold weather wear with long undies underneath, and even then, I felt like I was sliding in my skin - strongly dislike them. I would never buy another pair.

I did try on the Breathe-Tites at my local tack store, and while they're a bit lighter in texture, they still felt yucky to me - they don't seem like they'd breathe as well as my FITS. I didn't care for them at all.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

Default LOVE, LOVE my Sit Tight Kerrits

I have two pairs of the Kerrits Sit tight tighs and a pair in heavy for the winter.

I also have an "exuberant" green bean and love the stickyness. They do stick to everything though including the leather seats in the car.

I've had mine for two years. One pair is the surpreme fit. They've held up well and I wear them atleast twice a week.

I HATE the sit-tights. Only wore them once, I couldn't even post they were so sticky. Luckily I got them on sale.

The microcords used to have leather seats, a year or two ago they changed to a clarino-type fabric but kept the cost the same. I think they're a bit overpriced for not being leather.

They are not my favorite. I have the microcords and I find them thin and the fit just "ok". I don't think they are really worth the money. For the same money you can buy those Riding Sport full seats from Dover which I've really liked, especially the euro seat ones. They have lasted, look new after a year or two (and were my primary winter breech), where as the kerrits are starting to show wear around the ankles up my calf around the seam and I've had them less than 6 months and they have maybe 12 rides on them.

I have just the regular classic tights. I love them and they have lasted forever. I don't know your body build but I am old and where the low waist ones don't work these look fine.

I have two pairs of their summer tights and one of their winter. They have all lasted a long time and still look great. I really love the winter ones...windproof and oh-so-warm and amazingly comfortable; I could wear them all day, and I'm usually someone who takes riding clothes off as soon as I'm done riding.

The great thing about Kerrits is there is something for everyone. If you try a style and it is not for you, try another one. And, if there is something you are looking for and can't find, go to www.kerrits.com and suggest it- they are always open to suggestions!

Raaben- on a side note, Kerrits is an Oregon based company and very proud to be located in the Pacific North West.. if nothing else give them a try since they are "local" for you!!!

I love them...

But, the ankles on my new Sit Tight Supremes are extremely small, and I don't have big feet or high arches - I wear a small, and I have a size 7 foot. It was bad enough that I almost can't get them on (or off!). I think it would be nice if they covered the elastic on the ankles like they do on the waistband - the elastic on mine seems a little abrasive.

Otherwise, I love them. And I love their Flow rise tights - the lightweight, super stretchy fabric is awesome!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Heinz, I agree about the ankle elastic. It's not just the new ones IME that are tight and kinda owie sliding on and off; all mine are like that. Thankfully I don't notice once they've been on for a while.

And YES YES YES, the f-low rise is perfect for me. I think I mentioned in another thread that they are all I wear because I have a short waist, but a ummm "bubble butt," so they work great for me. Low enough in front to not look like old man pants up to my boobies, but high enough in back for proper coverage of the boot-eh.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

DW has Sit Tights and zip front FITS. She likes the sit tights for dressage but likes the FITS a LOT more in general. I suspect she'll have a white pair of FITS some time soon. I think she likes the grip fine, just took some getting used to b/c they were soooo grippy.

Her issues with the Sit Tights are related to getting them on in the heat and humidity of the south. At the Area III Champs this weekend, Friday morning's discussion was, "how the heck and I going to get these on???" lol.

If given the choice between FITS and Sit Tights, no question, she'd pick the FITS (they are like 3.5 times more expensive...) She was looking at the new ones though and might order a pair.
    www.foxwoodfarms.biz
    "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
    -Member of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/wlrottge

some have zippered ankles. How stupid is that? you get to nestle a hard little zipper in that nook behind your ankle, then pull your boots on over it. Nice. And how stupid was I to order 2 pr online and not notice?

I like them very much.

Quote Originally Posted by JackMallory View Post
    I really love the winter ones...windproof and oh-so-warm and amazingly comfortable; I could wear them all day, and I'm usually someone who takes riding clothes off as soon as I'm done riding.
    I have one pair of the winter ones and I LOVE them; I plan on getting a couple more for next winter .

I guess the new ones have coolmax in them I however can't find them anywhere, does anyone have the new ones that can speak about them?

I've never tried the full seats, but I love the lightweight knee patch tights with the drawstring waist. I could live in them. The ankles are a little tight, but the stretchiness and feel from the saddle is beyond compare.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/