The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Indoor/outdoor kitty -- very friendly, essentially abandoned (Baltimore, MD)

I sort of hesitate to do this, but... I'm looking for a new home for my neighbor's cat. He is allowed outdoors, and as far as I can tell, never goes home at all anymore (my neighbor says he doesn't like their other cat), so is essentially living on the streets of Baltimore, and my neighbor is not perturbed by this. Since I'm the one who got the cat neutered, who feeds him, and who puts Frontline on him every month, I figure I'm more or less the owner now... and I think Freddie deserves a better home! I'm also a little worried because Freddie doesn't get much attention anymore, and I don't want him to become less friendly and end up basically a feral cat.

He's a very cute gray and white boy, about 2 years old now. I got him neutered over a year ago, and got his vaccinations done then, but he'll need them updated. He was FIV/FELV negative then, but will need to be retested.

He DOES hunt... birds, mice, rats, etc. He's not a lap cat, but is a pretty friendly guy. He's very smart... he figured out how to climb onto my neighbor's 2nd story deck, and then onto her rooftop deck... he has the best view of any street cat in all of Baltimore. (The picture attached below was taken from my 2nd story window!)

He is fine with my dog, but wary of new dogs, so he'd need gradual introductions. He got along well with the other resident neutered alley cat, and the one neutered feral cat who hangs around quite a bit.

He's really a nice cat, and definitely wants to be outside, but I think would like more attention than he's getting now. Plus, you know, vet care and food and stuff like that.

I'm happy to get his vet stuff taken care of, and can deliver him within reasonable driving distance. He'd make a really nice barn cat!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1778.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	29250  

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

A little bump for Freddie.

Original Poster

Another bump... this guy is a real character and would LOVE a nice barn to call home!

Hey, Erin, Wish we could be we have so many kitties now. Bob is Mr. House Cat, no inclination whatsoever to go outside again. He's settled in, good with the dogs and the other cats and is super helpful in the kitchen when you are trying to make anything :-)

This is a plea to other COTHers to help Erin find this young man a new home. We are SO pleased with the one we received from Erin.

Original Poster

Bob has yet again proved what I always tell people: how the cat acts here has absolutely no bearing on how he will act somewhere new. I swear, he was trying to climb out the windows here, he wanted to get outside so badly. Glad he has come to his senses!

Default bump for the little guy

too cute!
    My big man - April 27, 1986 - September 04, 2008-
    You're with me every moment, my big red horse.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle of some kind.