Does anyone have a rule book for Gymkhana games? I can not find mine - which was from the 1970's.
Specifically I am looking for information on the call "Pony Express" Or "Carry the mail/post".
There was much discussion at our 4H meeting involving registration for this class and placement. My understanding is far different than the 4H leaders understanding (she is not a horse person)and I want to be sure there is no mis-understanding like there was at the last 3 horse shows.
1) do they register as pairs?
2) do they each pay an entry fee?
3) Does each rider get an award or are they awarded as a team?
4) Does one rider get to go over an over and over again without paying, therefore making the placings go to just the initial rider making it not a pairs event?
5) what if someone does not have a partner when they register?
MY understanding is that they sign up as pairs, each pay their entry fee, they get placed and awarded as a team, and one person can not go over and over and over again without paying - even if the 4H leader thinks he is a hottie and can do as he pleases. But an actual Rule Book would really help!
"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"