The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default brushing boot recommendations?

I always boot my horse as she's like a daddy-longlegs and will sometimes hit herself doing lateral work or just occasionally being silly. I didn't want to spend a fortune on boots but having gone through 2 sets of fairly cheap boots in 2 years I'm thinking of getting something better if it will last a long time.

I've tried the dover pro sport (synthetic fleece) and the woof all purpose (2 strap, neoprene) boots, and both did their job well, but bascially we wear them out. The dover boots eventually crack, and she managed to cut through a strap on one woof boot and has worn a hole in the neoprene on another. We're hard on boots and short on time, so I want something durable, not insanely priced, and easy to clean. Oh, and I prefer white.

I use these for dressage and jumping and every day riding, they are two years old and have held up great, and they look great too (white and easy to clean!)

I had the same problem with the woof boots, hasn't been an issue with these.

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product...&ids=880154364