The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well..I certainly won't be spending any hard earned money to watch them beat their horses.
    Equine Massage Therapy Classes and Rehab for Horses
    http://www.midwestnha.wordpress.com[/INDENT]

Note to self: pack rotten eggs.

Proud member of the EDRF

I don't think they will be one of the paid seminars. I think it will be like at the FEI championships in England where they are outside for anyone to see.

Wonder if they will get boooooooo-ed by the crowd?
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

The people in the crowd probably won't know enough to boo.
    "Your best can be worn at any length"- Jason Mraz

I doubt they'll even know who they are!! Wouldn't that be a hoot!! I know of many top trainers and when you mention their name, they say 'whos parelli' hehehe
    Equine Massage Therapy Classes and Rehab for Horses
    http://www.midwestnha.wordpress.com[/INDENT]

There is a gate entrance ticket that gets you onto the grounds (but not to any competition venues) and it is included in that...I might be wrong, but he does not demo on x-country day or endurance days because the gate ticket holders might get a free lookie at the competitions. But the gate ticket holders will boost revenues as well. There will be lots to see --- and buy.

Quote Originally Posted by nickers@dawn View Post
    Ok, people that have been to Europe and around the horse scene over there, do they have anything comparable to PP? Or is it just us silly Americans?
    I've never been there in person, but I was a member of a UK horse board for a dozen years or so. So I got to observe their reactions to Parelli. Initially, most of them really didn't cotton to him. Too much like a revival preacher, most of them said. And the "savvy" thing left them cold. And the loud music and lights and circus atmostphere - no. They weren't impressed.

But they were very into the whole NH concept. More Monty Roberts, though - who worked with some of HRH's horses who had gate loading problems and who has a British disciple with her own following, Kelly Marks. She roundpens but doesn't do all those bizarre Parelli games.

I think Brits draw a BIG FAT line between "Natural Horsemanship" and the Parrelli hooha.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

well, REAL NH makes sense (even Monty) but the yank-yank-clonk lady, not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

You all are just jealous as you don't have majik wands and fairies farting gold like PP does!!!
    I have horse to sell to you. Horse good for riding. Can pull cart. Horse good size. Eats carrots and apples. Likes attention. Move head to music. No like opera! You like you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSprats Mom View Post
    You all are just jealous as you don't have majik wands and fairies farting gold like PP does!!!
    lol!
    I would take their bank account tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Well, they've gotta sell those overpriced tickets somehow, so maybe they thought turning into a big pepperoni wankfest was the way.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Quote Originally Posted by MassageLady View Post
    Well..I certainly won't be spending any hard earned money to watch them beat their horses.
    Ditto!!!

Coreene -
    -Jessica

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    Can't wait for that! "Bring two pairs of socks because the first pair will be blown off", he says.
    I would suggest hip waders for the deep shi! he spouts and also a second set of undergarments (you'll need them because you're going to soil yourself laughing at his ridiculousness)
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

Maybe y'all will get really lucky and they'll hire Carolyn Hunt to moderate.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

You have to be seriously addled to imagine that serious horse people would want any part of that PP crap. Come to think of it, those Parrellites wouldn't go near any serious equine competition (for fear of feeling inadequate) so, why are the Ps even bothering, if not to feed their egos?
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Maybe he will apeal to the reining crowd.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    I think I would put them in the "serious horse people" crowd.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    No, they have no use for him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    You have to be seriously addled to imagine that serious horse people would want any part of that PP crap. Come to think of it, those Parrellites wouldn't go near any serious equine competition (for fear of feeling inadequate) so, why are the Ps even bothering, if not to feed their egos?
    They're doing it feed their bank accounts, not their egos.

A serious rider, trainer, breeder, etc. knows that PP is mostly bunk and hokum, along with a very few classical principles, all wrapped up in a very expensive package. PP knows this, too, and doesn't want them in his universe. They might just snuff out his "sun." He does want the goggle-eyed newbie with a thick wallet. He wants, particularly, the middle aged, female, empty-nester newbie or re-rider. He wants them overmounted, undertrained, and completely lacking in self confidence. These people are "meat on the table" for his organization. There will be lots of them at the WEG.

Still, you have to give the Devil his Due. PP has carefully studied the great showmen of the past, like the Great Phineas, and done them one better. Like all great cons, he leaves his marks smiling. Mostly.

G.