The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Christoph Hess Clinic - Thoughts?

I have the opportunity to ride with Christoph Hess in a clinic & was wondering if anyone had some reviews.

Obviously he is an amazing equestrian & this is an opportunity of a lifetime, but I would like some feedback as I have never audited or ridden in a clinic with him.

So what should I expect and what do you thik of his teaching abilities?

Thank you everyone for your help!

I really enjoyed the two sessions I had with him last year. I don't clinic at all because I have a wonderful FEI trainer but she was just back from FL and the chance came up for an outing with my then 4 year old.
    He did not "carbon copy" the approach to the horse and rider team. My horse is a curler by nature so he had me shorten the reins up and send him forward. He also told me to take it slow with my horse because of his size.
    I did watch other lessons he taught and was impressed with the corrections he made. If you have a horse with talent for dressage then go for it, personally I try not to waste my money or time on a clinician unless I am going to get something out of it.
    "The stumbler doesn’t build her life by being better than others, but by being better than she used to be."
    David Brooks

I got to work around him last year when he was judging, I felt his comments and his attitude were bar none the best I've seen in a judge. He's a wonderful speaker and is a well-spring for information.

If you can go, I'm going to the one in Kentucky.
    Kelly
    It is rare to see a rider who is truly passionate about the horse and his training, taking a profound interest in dressage with self-abnegation, and making this extraordinarily subtle work one of the dominant motivations of his life.\"

bump.
    Kelly
    It is rare to see a rider who is truly passionate about the horse and his training, taking a profound interest in dressage with self-abnegation, and making this extraordinarily subtle work one of the dominant motivations of his life.\"

Thank you both so much for commenting.

Bogey2 - I also do not normally clinic, but the opportunity of Mr. Hess coming so very close to where I'm at was too good to pass up.

It is excellent to hear that he is by far on of the best minds out there. I'm glad that everyones comments are reinforcing my thoughts & are making me even more excited to go.

Thank you again!