The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Troxel Helmets made it right

I posted earlier about my dismay with the Troxel Legacy Gold, where, after over 10 years, apparently the sizing/styling had changed and it no longer fit. When I called customer service to ask about the issue, they weren't very helpful. But in the process, I heard from several people - at local tacks stores, and on the board - where others had had the same problem. So apparently it wasn't my ego making my head circumference mushroom.

I ended up by buying a Tipperary, and contacted Troxel one last time - to let them know why they had lost a customer of so many years' duration.

Well, I just had a call from the CEO of Troxel, wanting to understand the problem and see how they could address it. They have now realized that the styling changes may have made it less universally appealing, and were grateful for the input.

But she went a step further, and offered to send me a helmet at no charge.

Well, I now have a helmet. But I saw the opportunity - because Special Horses is gearing up for another fundraiser to help support our participating groups.

I asked if we could have a certificate for a Troxel helmet in our Grand Prize basket for this fundraiser, and she said she would send out a certificate immediately!

How's that for helping to make it right?

All I wanted was that they be responsive to the issue - well, they certainly have been, and with a very happy outcome!

So - for all you Troxel lovers out there - and especially for those who wear the Legacy Gold Duratec - they are listening to your concerns and adjusting the helmet to make it work better regarding sizing.

So a big thumbs up to Troxel!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Great solution!
    The more perfect our happiness,
    the more nagging and wretched
    do our unsolved problems seem.
    ~ Gordon Grand

Good job! And good on you for putting the props here for all to read.

Great outcome, I love when companies have good service.

And what a great idea for the certificate! Brilliant!
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

Default Wow!

Good for them! I'll have to try one out next time I'm looking. That's a huge difference from the experience I had with Nokia earlier this week!
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

The next fundraiser is "We Are All Winners" - we will have a few weeks where people will submit their horse's photo, and then we'll upload them onto the site, and then have people vote. The horse with the most votes gets the "Win" prize basket, which will include the Troxel certificate (we'll also have a "Place" and "Show"). This year, because we are 501(c)3, we can directly accept donations and then split the proceeds amongst the groups. We are also working on having a wee bit higher entry fee, but that will come with a tshirt!

We are just working out the bank account/paypal/organization details. And I am thrilled that we already have such a fabulous item in our winners' prize basket! Even better - Troxel offered to make such a donation very year.

I am just overwhelmed by their generosity! So, very, VERY happy outcome!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Wow, sounds like a great all-around solution!

I've been pleased with the Troxel's I've owned, and with the service I've gotten from them in response to even basic questions or comments about their products.

Nice to know there are still some businesses out there that seem to take pride in what they are producing!
    Please copy and paste this to your signature if you know someone, or have been affected by someone who needs a smack upside the head. Lets raise awareness.

very nice to hear, I really liked my troxel helmet and when I need another one I am sure to check them out again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

nice

hi Geek,
    What are they doing about the adjusting gizzeee in the back? the one on the dakota is one of those pinch together with prongs that pull your hair out? Also there is no room for sunglasses. Please pass it on!

So Awesome!!!!!!
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

Good work!

I have a Troxel Sierra that is the only helmet I could find that fits my 7 3/4" head. I'm going to be adding an English one to my collection when I get back to the US and the Troxel Reliance is first on my list.

That's good to hear! While I'm a GPA owner myself, lots of my students school in Troxels and love them. Good to hear they care so much about customer service, even at the top!
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate