The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

his jockey looking back to see if Afleet Alex was going to fall.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

his jockey looking back to see if Afleet Alex was going to fall.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

What a race!! I'm surprised the jockey didn't come off.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sonesta:
    his jockey looking back to see if Afleet Alex was going to fall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were we watching the same race? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif

Afleet Alex won, Scrappy T was second and Giacomo third.

I think Scrappy T coulda won if his jock hadn't hit him with that left handed whip. What the HELL was he thinking?

Wow, I thought Afleet Alex's jockey was coming off! I held my breath for a second there; that was a pretty hard trip, and hopefully he's okay after the race. Scrappy T, I don't know if it's just me, but it looked as if he started moving up early on the far turn. It was a good race though.

*NO HORSES TO SLAUGHTER

Scrappy T should have been set down below Giacomo, or diaqualified altogether. That was blatant interference.

Maybe someday, Ya got to see a replay. Afleet almost went down and still won. What a horse.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Go Alex!!!! wow, what a horse.
    Jessi Pizzurro ~~ Pennyroyal Stables
    Racehorses, OTTBs ~~ 330 383 1281
    Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway. -- John Wayne

I agree with you, CuriosoJorge. I was SHOCKED when the official results listed him as second.

I thought he really had a chance, but that jock made one hell of a mistake http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

Scrappy T didn't interfere with Giacomo in any way at all, nor did the interference that happened improve his position in respect to Giacomo. He and Afleex Alex were lengths in front at the time. It would make no sense to disqualify him. He was going to finish second anyway, and the only horse that he interfered with beat him.

The jock had NO WAY to magically know the horse was going to react like that when he hit him left handed, and no control over it when the horse overreacted.

Hm-m-m, so, Giacomo didn't do so badly. Would love to see replay, but probably not much chance of that. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...ilies/sigh.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sonesta:
    his jockey looking back to see if Afleet Alex was going to fall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

??????????????????????????????????????

No offense to Scrappy, but if AA hadn't gone to his knees he'd have won by 10 lengths.

--------------------------------------
    Creo que el mundo es bello,
    que la poesÃ*a es como el pan, de todos.

Wow!! That is all I can say, what a race.

Regardless, congrats to xcntrygirl for her day in and day out work with Scrappy T. Looks like their hard work has paid off! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    Grab mane and kick on!

www.rocksolid-training.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CuriosoJorge:
    Scrappy T should have been set down below Giacomo, or diaqualified altogether. That was blatant interference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er no, the only horse he interfered with was AA, who finished in front of him at the line. There is no logic for disqualifying him.... not in any racing jurusdiction in the world.

--------------------------------------
    Creo que el mundo es bello,
    que la poesÃ*a es como el pan, de todos.

Sorry Sonesta, but you weren't watched the same race as anyone else on the planet. The jocky on Scrapy T looked back because Scrappy T was the one who caused Alex to go to his knees. The jockey on Scrappy T was checking to see who he had interfered with when the horse bulged over and if they were okay.

If Scrappy T hadn't interfered, Afleet Alex would have blown by him with ease and won by 10.

And I know there is someone on here with connections to the horse, but I hope they take this race as a blessing and now work on keeping Scrappy T straight in the lane. This is now the second race that he has run erratically in the stretch. If he keeps doing it, next time the other horse and jockey might not be so lucky to stay on their feet and a serious accident could happen.

I was like whoa!!!!

Either way, congrats to Scrappy and xcntrygirl. Also glad to see Alex win and that Giacomo could @ least have a respectable placing to shut all the critics up since the derby win. Is there someone taking over the Triple Crown or are we just going to have a "triple crown" with no bonus to the winner? I had no clue Visa was pulling out until today ... Also, BRAVO for the governor to encourage the fans of MD racing that he will do whatever it takes for MD to get slots. Just crossing fingers that it happens ...
    R.I.P. Barbaro
    Good luck Nicanor & Lentenor !

Alex was making an amazing move around the turn and I agree, would definitely have blown by Scrappy -- and even as it was, he still won going away, after basically being on his knees. No way was Scrappy winning this one, regardless.