The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage Extensions?

I love the catalog, and have ordered a few little things that I couldn't find anywhere else over the last couple of years.

I have just noticed on the back of my most recent catalog a list of store hours and a blurb to "stop by our store and check out our inventory".

I didn't know there was a real store to shop at. I thought it was all catalog sales. Has anyone been there? It is in Southern California (Moorpark). Would it be worth a quick side trip during my August vacation to So-Cal?
    Sheilah

I would think it would definitely be worth a stop in, get to touch and feel some of hte more esoteric items, like really fancy stock ties etc before you choose one. They do have a great bridle and browband collection. I am in norcal or I would go!

Dressage extensions has GREAT customer service. The store, is not like a real "store", but more like a warehouse...they have some items on display in front, but most in the back, which the public does not have access to. The best way to shop there when you go to So Cal, is bring the catalog, and a list of items of interest to you, and the person at the counter will go in the back and bring items up front...

Hope this helps...I was surprised when I made the trip to DE expecting a store- had I known the above, it would have saved me a lot of time

Wow, I am thinking that I will absolutely take the time to make the store/warehouse a side trip during our vacation. There is such limited dressage shopping here in Idaho, it doesn't take much to improve on the experience I get locally.

I will definitely have my catalog ready to reference!
    Sheilah

The other store that impressed me (which isn't hard, as the dressage shopping in Utah is a bit limited, too) was the store at the LAEC--can't remember what it was called, but it had a huge range of stuff and the prices weren't bad, either.

L.A. Saddlery is at the LAEC. They have lots of goodies.
    http://www.lasaddlery.com/

I thought it was called Dominion

The "store" at Dressage Extensions is a fun stop, if you're in the neighborhood - they have a stack of catalogs on the counter so if you don't have one, you can thumb through one there. The staff is super helpful and it's nice to be able to look and touch things before you buy. It's in an industrial office park, so the "store" is more like a showroom in front of the warehouse - but it's fairly big and has a great selection of samples, saddles, etc.

Great customer service. Not in my experience

Ordered double bridle
    they shipped wrong color
    I had to pay for return, and insurance which they said they would credit to my account ( what account, you are sure I am ordering again?)

no correct bridle come
    nothing comes nothing comes

I call they cannot figure out, will call you back

no call no call

I call again they find bridle in box on shelf oops we will get the new bridle out to you asap

it shows up only by luck. they shipped it to an address I have not been at in 5 years. The delivery man recognized what the proper address should be.

poor to indifferent service with a horrible return policy =
    no more business

support your local tack store. most are happily to search out special items for you
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

Dressage Extensions is one of the best places to buy tack. Period.

I have been buying from them for 20 years now and honestly, have never heard of anyone not ultimately walking away satisfied.

Their customer relations are excellent--a match for their goods and other services.

I am going to send the post above to them and see if they want to respond.
    one oak, lots of canyons

http://horsesportnews.wordpress.com/

I used to shop at DE a lot in the past and in the past year and a half found that their customer service was truly lacking. I don't know what changed but unless I really cannot find something, I now shop elsewhere. I hope they can create some change, might just be a hiring issue??

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

I think it depends on who you get. I've had times where I had someone on the phone who was great, and I've had times where they seemed like you were an inconvenience, rather than a customer.

My latest one was with someone who took my order (needed to check something with a call before placing the order) and they were not very good. I'd rather talk to the people at Dover's. I've only run into one grumpy person there. With DE it's usually a crap shoot on who you get to talk to.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Quote Originally Posted by hoopoe View Post
    Great customer service. Not in my experience
    I'm surprised at this. I've had nothing but outstanding customer service from DE for years; and I've returned/exchanged many things.

YMMV