The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bobby's Figure Eight Bridle - Anyone know fit?

Hi All,

I have the opportunity to buy a Bobby's Figure Eight bridle - however it is a cob size. The seller has no idea of the sizing so they can't really help me. My horse is a 16 hand thoroughbred with a "normal" sized head. Would a cob sized bridle fit him? I have a Vespucci bridle (horse sized, not over sized or warmblood) and the nose band and browband are too big for him. It seems like some brands have made their horse size bigger so the cob size actually fits a 15.2 to 16.1 horse.

Any input? I don't want to buy this and have to resell it...

Thanks so much!

I have a horse sized Bobby's Bridle for my 16.1h average-headed TB...and all the buckles are on the top hole, and I've had to punch more in the noseband. I had to replace the crown piece because he broke the throatlatch and replaced it with a cob..and it's on the very bottom hole. wish there was an in between! regardless I love the bridle, so for your horse's size I'd probably risk it.

From what I've seen, Bobby's seem to run large, so the cob size just may work for your guy. I have an oversized Bobby's figure eight for my WB mare (who usually takes an oversized bridle) and it is big on her. She could almost stand to go in a full sized Bobby's...

I have six Bobby's bridles and I have had to replace the cheek pieces on most of them because they were too long. I'd go for it.

Donna Ray

Cob's run small in Bobby's (so, probably too small for the horse in question), Horse is just about right, OS is very much OS.