The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I really like Mr. Ned!
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

Default what about this one.........

Love, love, love this one. He needs to go before I pick up the phone. I only wonder why the JC has him listed as a gray/roan instead of a bay.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...&directory=299

Oh, I LOVE Prince. He just has *something* about him that really speaks to me... Of course, this is the case with me and CANTER; there's always one...or two...or six.

I'll play! Course I find a new CANTER crush almost every week, but here are the two who are currently making me want to drop out of school and spend all day playing with ponies...

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...&directory=304
    Pedigree

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...&directory=279

Pedigree
    The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. ~ Arabian Proverb

My pick is Barracuda, but the word "sound" does not appear in the description and the comment that she is "best-suited to a non-jumping home" suggests the presence of a significant issue. Too bad - she's a lovely mare with a kind face and a reasonable price.

I have a thing for long legged chestnuts, i love Canes Palace!

Ive seen High Favor, Baracuda Haleigh, and Nina in person. Nina is plain, but cute and sweet, Baracuda was really nice, but High Favor SCREAMS eventer in person. Looks small in the stall but once out has a presence and FABULOUS movement. I almost came home with him. Lucky me found something even better, BUT someone get him! He seems a little spooky at the track but seems he doesn't really want to be. I think he will take to life off the track like a fish in water. He looks the part of an upper level eventer. CLASS horse. GET him GET him.

Note Baraccuda's trainer recommends to a **non-jumping home.

Mike's filly at CT in person not impressive and sore**

Prince is a pricely sum for $4k for a horse you can't try.

Ghostly Spirit is a 2003 model = 7yr old mare

(Barracuda) A tad bit older doesn't bother me too much, plenty of horses start their event careers at 5/6/7. I just wonder how many starts she had, and if she actually ran for 3 years.

Barracuda is still running. She wasn't for sale when I went to look at her bc she was racing really well. That was two weeks ago.

you guys are NOT helping me. I'm itching for a baby and these guys aren't helping AT ALL. I REALLY like Buddah...wish she wasn't a girl! I really like her pedigree. She has two lines that I've liked in at least three different horses. And she has a great face (and, as much as I whine about them, I AM a sucker for greys). Too bad/thankfully she's in Ohio!!!

I like Ghostly Spirit. She's got the look and a pedigree I like. Would probably make some nice sport horse babies too...

Too bad I'm poor.

Seb
    \"The Truth is contagious, and I haven't washed my hands in days...!\"-- Stephen Colbert
    www.janearmour.com

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbritches View Post
    you guys are NOT helping me. I'm itching for a baby and these guys aren't helping AT ALL. I REALLY like Buddah...wish she wasn't a girl! I really like her pedigree. She has two lines that I've liked in at least three different horses. And she has a great face (and, as much as I whine about them, I AM a sucker for greys). Too bad/thankfully she's in Ohio!!!
    *enabling enabling enabling*... Ohio's just about in the middle of the country, and I bet we have a few generous COTHers who wouldn't mind housing her for a night or two... I mean, where else are you going to find such a cutie with such a pedigree at such a price? She could be a superstar and you're just going to pass her up? You'll be kicking yourself when she goes to Rolex without you!*enabling enabling enabling*
    The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. ~ Arabian Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by piccolittle View Post
    *enabling enabling enabling*... Ohio's just about in the middle of the country, and I bet we have a few generous COTHers who wouldn't mind housing her for a night or two... I mean, where else are you going to find such a cutie with such a pedigree at such a price? She could be a superstar and you're just going to pass her up? You'll be kicking yourself when she goes to Rolex without you!*enabling enabling enabling*
    If it was September/October (when I'm PLANNING on trying to get a baby), I'd be more willing to be enabled....we'll just see how I feel in a few days...hopefully, I'll be getting around better and less likely to kill time at the computer...she is cute, though, and for whatever reason the name "Buddah" brings back fond childhood memories (of calling my cat "Buddah Belly").

I wish we had a CANTER organisation down here....I'd be buying a new horse every week.

Oh, now that I type that Ive realised that I do buy a new horse every week lol, but having something like canter would make it so much easier to find ex track horses! I love looking at the listings, pity I live so far away!!

Quote Originally Posted by FuManSlew View Post
    Love, love, love this one. He needs to go before I pick up the phone. I only wonder why the JC has him listed as a gray/roan instead of a bay.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...&directory=299
    Am I off-base or is $4k a little pricey for an OTTB with no off-track training? He's nice, though, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kap View Post
    Am I off-base or is $4k a little pricey for an OTTB with no off-track training? He's nice, though, no doubt.
    No you are correct since you can buy a 3-5 yr old already let down with some restart for $4K and most likely sit on it and see it jump.

FYI: You all might want to check the Racing Forum under the Penn National ongoing Thread and pick out a few trainers names for quick references on Who You Do Not Want To Buy From..

Barracuda Haleig's trainer is one I personally know and buy from. Murray is straight up and tells it the way it should be.