The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default officially bored with this recession!

Ok so I am now officially bored with this recession and am requesting it to end.

I want to show, I'm bored not showing, I miss showing and I'm getting less motivated to ride

So if someone could just hit the 'end recession now' button I would greatly appreciate it.

-Rant off.
    I have horse to sell to you. Horse good for riding. Can pull cart. Horse good size. Eats carrots and apples. Likes attention. Move head to music. No like opera! You like you buy.

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

I second the motion...

Does that mean it's passed?

(although I want a lesson, vs. a show. Even if a schooling show is cheaper )

Of course, gas is going up and no one sees to be noticing. $3/gal here... frogs in a pan...
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

... All those in favor?

AYE!! Motion passed!!

Me too!!!!
    I want to show and buy frivolous stuff that I don't really need, but my horse will look good in.
    I am tired of scrimping and watching every penny.

I believe the motion is carried right?
    "Half the failures in life result from pulling in one's horse when it is leaping."

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=eca0d15457

is any body from md and yes everything costs so much thanks for posting that finally .

From the insomniac.....I also put in my "aye" for ending this stupid recession. I dont have as many students as I did a few years ago and there are a few more empty stalls in the barn this Spring. No one is able to spend money any more. We have even cut some of our lesson rates to encourage ppl to take riding lessons. That also means a cut for me too. Bummer!
    Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Don't poke the Bear!

Count me in! Even though I'm "hiding" in school, the financial market is making it REALLY difficult to get student loans, and vet school is expensive!

Not to mention, I have a really awesome horse who is plateau-ing because lessons, let alone shows, are just not in my budget. I would love to sell my house and downsize while I'm in school to keep the budget in check, but who's buying houses??

Yup, definitely over it.
    The knowledge of the nature of a horse is one of the first foundations of the art if riding it, and every horseman must make it his principal study.
    ~Francois Robichon de la Gueriniere

Okay, problem solved. What shall we tackle next? Global warming? World peace? Rollkur?

(ducks and runs)
    Don't wrassle with a hog. You just get dirty, and the hog likes it.

Collecting Thoroughbreds - tales of a re-rider and some TBs

I am with you on ending the recession...and wouldn't mind finding myself the perfect job while we are fixing all that ails the world
    My blog:

RAWR

For those who want to see the bright side....

LAST YEAR... trainer had some horses in training, not a lot, not a lot of extra lessons going on. Shows were getting cancelled from Schooling Show right through Recognized for lack of entries...

THIS YEAR... barn is full. Extra lessons are hard to get because the Trainer is BOOKED, and the schooling shows have been turning away entries because they're over-subscribed. Don't know if people are spending the $$ on recognized shows yet, but this is most definitely better
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Aye! I want to sell my house!!!!!!! Please bankers, go back to lending money.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    Aye! I want to sell my house!!!!!!! Please bankers, go back to lending money.
    I'm sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine. The banks are lending money - but houses need to be priced at a level people can afford on their REAL income, with 20% down. And the house has to appraise at a realistic price, not a made up inflated one from the bubble years.

Around here all I want to say is "Please people, price your house realistically"

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Pony View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine. The banks are lending money - but houses need to be priced at a level people can afford on their REAL income, with 20% down. And the house has to appraise at a realistic price, not a made up inflated one from the bubble years.

Around here all I want to say is "Please people, price your house realistically"
    Problem is, a lot of people who need to sell their house bought it a few years ago when the prices were higher, and still need to get money back out of it for said 20% down on the next house. It's a Catch 22, and I'm in it right now myself. I'd love to price my house realistically for this market, get out of it, and move into something better for my current situation, but instead I'm stuck riding in out in my existing house until I can (hopefully… eventually…) sell it for enough to get my money back out and move on.

Yes, recession, please end!

Quote Originally Posted by JackSprats Mom View Post
    Ok so I am now officially bored with this recession and am requesting it to end.
    Or you can do what alot of people are doing....

refuse to participate in it.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

I think it zoomed right through recession to depression last year. I bet it would be enlightening to find out how many people are either not employed or underemployed right here on this good ole COTH forum.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

Originally Posted by JackSprats Mom http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/im...s/viewpost.gif
    Or you can do what alot of people are doing....

refuse to participate in it.
    ROFLMAO do you think the bank would accept me saying sorry, not paying the mortgage because I refuse to participate in the recession and am going to go show my horse instead of paying my bills

I get what you're saying but sadly its hard to not participate when the bills tell you a different story.
    I have horse to sell to you. Horse good for riding. Can pull cart. Horse good size. Eats carrots and apples. Likes attention. Move head to music. No like opera! You like you buy.

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

ooh, me! me! (underemployed that is... ) but my mantra is "I have a job, I *have* a job)

Ibex, that IS good news!
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)