I use lots of things under $20 and so many aren't horsey items that work so well. Got me to thinking others do as well and maybe give some of us ideas. I get a bag full of pom poms at fabric store instead of paying much more at tack store. Don't remember what they were called. Didn't have tack store in town where I use to live. So got use to using non horse items.
- generic Gold Bond powder for everything from bug bites to rain rot
- baby wipes are great to have on hand
- generic KY for sheath and udder cleaning
- generic dandruff shampoo for rain rot
- sunscreen for white noses
- a box of 100 latex gloves from Harbor Freight that are WAY cheaper than buying at the pharmacy or tack store
On the 'Great for wiping down bits' I certainly hope the bit is the wipe chemical residue is washed off with water!? The best thing for bit cleaning is wiping the bit off the minute you take the bridle off, right as you hang it wherever you put it right after removing it. Periodically wash the bit with warm water, using an old toothbrush if needed in any crevice type spots, and dry with a towel.
RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.