The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Modipher EQ - where to get? France/UK?

It looks like this product may have been discontinued? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

This product is supposed to be available in France or the UK. Does anyone know how and where to purchase?

TIA!
    Last edited by suniday; Jun. 28, 2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: location to purchase

I did a little bit of e-mailing, etc. I found that www.ceva.com purchased the pheronomes from www.vpl.com in 2007. In the transfer of products, choose not to continue manufacturing the Modipher EQ. They still make the one for dogs, but not the horses .

According to them, there is no plan to produce this anymore.

I acquired some a couple of weeks ago, and it is a wonderful product.

Is there a similar product being manufactured by another company? Does anyone have some they would like to part with?

Thanks!

Damn! I just ran out of it. It really worked. What a shame they aren't making it anymore.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

I'm guessing they don't make it anymore becuase most people ended up with a freaked out horse from spraying that stuff up their nose. I tried it one time. After trying to peel my horse's head out of the rafters, I decided Calm and Cool or Ace was the way to go

Eeek.... my last bottle just ran out. I really liked this product. Maybe someone else will come up with a new formula.

E-mailed www.ceva.com again. While the product is not manufactured in the US any longer, it is available in France and the UK. Does anyone have a link, website, contact info. for it? Or, can anyone show me how to find it?

I am going to contact ceva again and see if they can point me in the right direction, too.

TIA!

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

looks like they call it Pherocalm now?

http://www.preisvergleich.org/preisv...y-fuer-Pferde/
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Thanks DMK.

I'll have to read that link at home, where I can use my translate button.

Default Modipher EQ is now Confidence EQ

Hi everyone, just to let you know that the "Laboratoires Biosem" has released a new product called Confidence EQ (Equanimity in Europe) based on the same Equine Appeasing Pheromone (EAP) as Modipher. Only the galenic has changed (not a spray anymore but a gel) to make it easier to apply.

http://www.laboratoiresbiosem.com/equanimity%C2%AE

The website is still in French but you can order and get informations in english at tg@biosemlab.com

All the best !

Thanks! This really worked with my horse.....
    I was sad to see it discontinued,glad it's back...

Default CONFIDENCE EQ

Our website is now (partly) translated in english at http://www.laboratoiresbiosem.com/en/confidence-eq

Unfortunately our online store is not translated yet... But will be soon ! Until then you can contact me at tg@biosemlab.com, I will answer to any question you might have, send you the product fact sheet and price list. Confidence EQ can be delivered in the US within 8 days.

Please note that because Confidence EQ is selling so well in Europe, we are currently looking for a business partner to distribute our product in the US. If you happen to know anyone who might be interested, please let us know.

All the best !
    Thomas

Has anyone found a source for Confidance EQ? I have some of the Modipher EQ left but will be running out soon. So far no problem with the spray but that might not last til the end of the bottle.
    Taking it day by day!

What is it? A tranquilizer? I've never heard of it.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by merrygoround View Post
    What is it? A tranquilizer? I've never heard of it.
    Nope, better science than that
    think of the pheromone products already available (for years) in the cat & dog industry.

Equanimity®, an innovative horse healthcare product is the first and only semiochemical analog of maternal equine signals. This revolutionary product prevents and treats equine behavioral disorders.

Equanimity® can be used both as prevention treatment and as part of a therapy program.

Using a proprietary synthetic analog of maternal chemical signals, Equanimity® creates a safe environment for your horse.

How long, how many days worth of equanimity do you get per package?
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Bump!

Bump!