The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Appy Mare in TX - FREE!!

Well, if the title of this thread didn't scare you......here's the info.

Maizey is a PMU mare. She belongs to my mom. Sound, athletic, pretty face, easy keeper, barefoot, cute mover, probably right around 14.2.

She's about 8 years old (maybe 9 even). She had 90 days pro-training about two years ago with a reining trainer. I was riding her for awhile (english) and then I got pregnant. She's been sitting in my mom's pasture for the last two years.

She is too much horse for my mom and needs a person. She loves people. She's obviously going to need a serious refresher course, but was doing walk/trot/canter (with correct leads) and had really fabulous brakes!

Now for the "bad." She is very Appy and very Mare! Not pleasant when she's in heat. Has jumped out of a paddock AND an arena to get to her boyfriend. She is currently in a pasture with two geldings and a mare and has been fine (she jumped the fences at my house when I separated her from the gelding I was turning her out with - my mistake!). She's very sensitive (on the ground and when you are on her). Has an obnoxious streak.

All that being said, she would be a great horse for an experienced person to bring along. I have always envisioned her eventing for some reason. She could be a great horse with some miles on her.

She has papers but my mom can't find them. Basically, we are looking for a home but she could always come back to my moms if she didn't work out. We are looking for something permanent, not for someone to turn around and sell her so a contract would probably be involved.

Email me if you're interested and want pics. wildoaksfarm@gmail.com.
    Last edited by Wild Oaks Farm; Apr. 27, 2010 at 10:35 PM.

Bumpity Bump for Maizey Mare!