The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Breech size comparison? Goode Rider; Golden Dress; Cavallo; Pikeur

Found somewhere with some cheap name brand breeches (well, cheap compared to normal retail). I have many pairs of Goode Riders in a size 30. Does anyone have experience with them compared to Golden Dress/Cavallo/Pikeur/IsabelWerth? I haven't tried on any of those brands. Are those other brands more slim or more full? Full would be better; slim probably not so much. I have a badonkadonk and thighs

Cavallo run large...fuller figure.. Golden Dress run smallish...slim figure.. This is what I have found..

Golden Dress and Pikeur is similar is sizing, they run smaller and thinner than Cavallo and IsabelWerth. Those are designed for different types of bodies.

IsabelWerth is for women with curves, even for slim women with curves, since Isabel herself has curves and wanted to offer breeches that are designed for more womanly figure. If you say that you have "a badonkadonk and thighs" try IsabelWerth

It seems like Golden Dress fits teenage-like bodies the best. Pikeur may be has a smudge bit more hips/butt to it.

Dang,

I've found the cavallo and the pikeur to run small and the golden dress and isabella to be a bit fuller. I wear the same size in all, but would grab my golden dress or isabelle if I was having a "fat day"

I have no bootie, but fullish thighs and a flat tummy.

So what site have you found?

Interesting what people say as my experience is that Cavallo come up slim and with Pikeur it depends on the style. Lugana are slim fit but the Ricarda and Mondegas suit those who have thighs and a bum!!

I wear the Pikeur Ricardas and I love them, I couldn't fit into the same size Luganas due to their shape. If I go up a size in the Lugana then the legs fit but the waist is too big!

Golden Dress come up smallest of all IME.

You guys are funny. The Golden Dress and Cavallo breeches are the same breeches!

I own Cavallo, Golden Dress, Pikuer, Eurostar, Kentucky and Pikuer breeches, how they fit all depends on the model breech you buy and has almost nothing to do with the brand in my experience.

What exactly are you looking for? Slim with room in the butt/thighs? Or breeches that fit more like slacks?

FYI, just to give you a comparison of the Golden Dress breeches..

The Champion breech is their slim breech. I have a big booty/thighs and the 32Rs are snug on me (but fit)
    The Sara breech fits more like slacks. I have these for every day riding and the 32Rs are REALLY baggy on me.

http://www.klselect.com/golden-dress...full-seat.html

The Cavallo Champion breeches I have are identical to the GD Champion breeches I own! However, I also own a pair of Cavallo Champion "comfort" microfiber breeches in the exact same size that are a little baggy on me, because they are made for a fuller figure.

It's a seller on eBay that's on the "steal if a deal" page. They have some fun colors and good deals! I would love a dark beige with chocolate or black seat and the Isabel's are grey pinstripe with grey seat. I have several of the SAME damn pair of goode riders in different colors and some fit better than others I need to step up the running so every day is a skinny day! Lol...
    On another note, I like my pants to be more fitted because my figure is the type where pants slide down and I have to wiggle them back up and that makes me crazy. Also, don't like the fabric rubbing from loose breeches. Can't do very low rise... Butt's too big and I get that pucker at the lower back where the pants won't lay flat.

Quote Originally Posted by n2dressage View Post
    On another note, I like my pants to be more fitted because my figure is the type where pants slide down and I have to wiggle them back up and that makes me crazy. Also, don't like the fabric rubbing from loose breeches. Can't do very low rise... Butt's too big and I get that pucker at the lower back where the pants won't lay flat.
    My Golden Dress Champion breeches fit my fuller figure, and the rise, for me, is just about perfect. They fit over the hips and butt, but do not gap in the waist at all. The fabric is very nice and slimming.

How much do Golden Dress stretch? The part that makes me nervous about them is they are size 30 and measure waist 29.75 and hip 37 versus the Isabell's that measure waist 31 and hip 40. I don't want to get the Golden Dress and them be too small or the Isabell's and them be too big! That's a pretty big size difference! I emailed to ask their return policy but haven't heard yet....

I have several pair of golden dress as they are my favorite breech.. I have them in different fabrics...all full seat leather. None of my breeches have alot of stretch and in MHO...run small or for the slim rider with little hip/leg.. Maybe there are some out there that run bigger/fuller.. Cavallos seen to run bigger and have a curvier fit to them.,. AGain, I am sure different styles will vary.. Good luck!

How much do Golden Dress stretch? The part that makes me nervous about them is they are size 30 and measure waist 29.75 and hip 37 versus the Isabell's that measure waist 31 and hip 40. I don't want to get the Golden Dress and them be too small or the Isabell's and them be too big! That's a pretty big size difference! I emailed to ask their return policy but haven't heard yet....
    fwiw, both my 32" Golden Dress and Cavallo "Champion" breeches fit more like 30" on me. So I would probably say that in the thicker material "Champion" breeches one would have to go up a size.

The microfiber breeches I have seem to be sized larger.

I'm waiting back for an email on the Cavallo pricing. I originally wanted to buy 2 pairs but I think I'll start with one of something and see if it works out (and if not to Ebay they go!). If any of you like plaid she apparently has a TON of plaid breeches! I like plaid on other people... but I don't think I like it on me. It's been a while since I've had any plaid breeches though...

I buy one size smaller in the Pikeur Luganas than I do in other breeches.
    "Reite dein Pferd vorwärts und richte es gerade.” Gustav Steinbrecht

If any of you like plaid she apparently has a TON of plaid breeches! I like plaid on other people... but I don't think I like it on me. It's been a while since I've had any plaid breeches though...
    My husband has the go-ahead to buy anything in the world he wants if I buy ONE more pair of breeches. I think I have 15 pairs of breeches now, I'm addicted to good deals on expensive breeches on ebay, I need an intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Pony View Post
    My husband has the go-ahead to buy anything in the world he wants if I buy ONE more pair of breeches. I think I have 15 pairs of breeches now, I'm addicted to good deals on expensive breeches on ebay, I need an intervention.
    Hmmm are we long lost sisters? My problem right now is I don't have an actual horse to shop for. Just kinda catch riding whatever... so all my shopping cravings are going to riding apparel! I have a good deal addiction too. I have MANY breeches, had to sell like a zillion saddle pads before I moved, also had a horse boot addiction. I think I'm buying new boots for me soon too... Cavallo Grand Prix Plus... must sell all old stuff... lol

So the Cavallo's are only $106 for what? $260 breeches?! Can I turn that down? Probably not! The question now is do I want Cognac with black seat or Bamboo with coffee seat?? I think I decided the Champion model and not the Championesse which is low rise.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhorse6 View Post
    Cavallo run large...fuller figure.. Golden Dress run smallish...slim figure.. This is what I have found..

Uh, no. Cavallos run small. I wear a 30 - 32 in Cavallo and a 28 in other breeches (street size 4). They are cut reasonably wide through the thigh but wouldn't call them "fuller"... I have wider thighs, smaller waist and they fit great.
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

I think all of them run to true size in waist, but they allow more space in different body places, so depending if you have a butt, tights, or stomach… some will fit better than others.

I do have some butt on me, but no thighs. So wearing Isabel Wearth is like wearing parachute pants from 80s way too much fabric in my tights, but they do fit good everywhere else.

EuroStar is similar to Golden Dress for me. OK fit.

After years and years of trying various brand names, I now stick with Pikeur, they fit me the best out of all breeches and lasts the longest. The only thing that they do not make a warm winter pair… so I wear Harry Hall in winter, they fit like Pikeur, but don’t lasts as long, they wear off, stretch out faster with wash and wear.

I don't care for the seat in Pikeur as they don't seem to produce a leather seat but a synthetic seat. They fit great but for the price...I want leather! Golden Dress has some leather and some not..Cavallo still seem to be leather..

OMG, non-leather is much easier than leather! I love it! I can wash it after every ride in my washing machine and it stays the same. I still have 2 Golden Dress and Euro Star breeches with leather seat from old days and rarely wear them since it's so much hustle to deal with leather seat. Yes, they do give you may be 5-10% extra grip at sitting trot, but I don't care, I want my breathable/washable synthetic seat!