The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Peter Atkins video of Rolex XC?

I noticed he was wearing the camera on his helmet. Does anyone know where he might be posting the video? This one will definitely be cool to watch!

He usually posts it on youtube. I know his ride at the Fork was posted the next day.
    Gwen Dean
    Area II YR Coordinator
    Lost Hounds HT Secretary

I subscribe to his channel on YouTube, and will get an alert the minute he uploads the video. Will keep you posted!
    Volunteer Coordinator, Equiventures, LLC
    and the Sunshine State, Little Everglades,
    & Live Oak Combined Driving Events
    tincupeventing@gmail.com

I've rewatched Peter and Henry's wonderful run XC at Rolex 3x now - such a great pair. The helmet cam video will be icing on the cake! If you can, go back and view the first inspection photos; Peter looks absolutely classic and evidently the Dubarry folks also noted this awarding Peter and Henry the Dubarry Best Turned Out Award!!!!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Talking

What a neat pair! Can't wait to watch the video - just as soon as it gets up can you please let us know?
    I watch all the helmet cam videos late at night when other people are asleep or watching TV so I can snuffle, and cry and hope and dream about riding that well some day....and no one can see me!
    (I can't do it while I am working, the people in the Panera will think I am having a breakdown or something!)
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Can someone post the link for his youtube channel? Thanks!

Smile

Patricia, I can't thank you enough for doing all the video and posting it for everyone to see! You are truly an asset to the sport, and I REALLY wish I could figure out a way to get sponsored by Ecogold! (But it's hard when you only ride training level, hahaha! But I do it WELL!!)
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Wow! That was nice. Thanks retreadeventer! I enjoy it & it keeps me busy at shows, specially on XC day when everybody is away watching...

and they are not all sponsored riders or we'd go broke.

Mr Henry is traveling home today, very healthy and very proud of himself. My laptop isn't fast enough to handle the video editing so hopefully it will be up Wednesday. The footage is fantastic, I'll let you know when it is up.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
    Mr Henry is traveling home today, very healthy and very proud of himself. My laptop isn't fast enough to handle the video editing so hopefully it will be up Wednesday. The footage is fantastic, I'll let you know when it is up.
    Thanks!!!! Henry and Peter are big favorites in Area III - well, now I suppose - EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Congratualtions to all of you connected to this wonderful pair
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    Patricia, I can't thank you enough for doing all the video and posting it for everyone to see! You are truly an asset to the sport, and I REALLY wish I could figure out a way to get sponsored by Ecogold! (But it's hard when you only ride training level, hahaha! But I do it WELL!!)
    ditto - I know I can always go to the Ecogold site and get quality videos to watch. Now, could you tell me the brand and model of your camera?

p.s. I ditto retreadeventer a LOT!!!

Thanks for the video. I believe my daughter has some footage, too....

What a cool ride for a rider that really deserves a cool ride. Can't wait to get the footage, too. ;-)
    I have too many ponies but love 'em all!

http://foxview-farm.blogspot.com/

Me and my group went CRAZY when he passed us and we noticed he had the helmet cam on! Maybe you'll be able to hear us screeching on the video!

THANKS Peter!

Thanks RunForIt! Not sure if you are asking for the model of MY camera or Peter's, but my camera is a SONY camcorder. I'll have to check for the exact model # as it's somewhere among the stuff I'm bringing back from KY but it's nothing super-high-tech.

Here's Peter's SJ: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=qbNdF7N7eSA from his reaction, can't quite read if he was happy with his horse or not

Quote Originally Posted by patricia.dasilva View Post
    Thanks RunForIt! Not sure if you are asking for the model of MY camera or Peter's, but my camera is a SONY camcorder. I'll have to check for the exact model # as it's somewhere among the stuff I'm bringing back from KY but it's nothing super-high-tech.

Here's Peter's SJ: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=qbNdF7N7eSA from his reaction, can't quite read if he was happy with his horse or not
    Thanks, Patricia! Yes, I wanted the camera you use for your videos, so once you can locate that info I'd really appreciate you posting it or PMing it to me

...Peter is the wizard for the helmet cam videos...will leave that to him and him alone! Best Regards!!!

no problem, I'll check it out on Wednesday when I unpack...

ok, just got home. It's a Sony HDR-HC7 High Definition Handycam.

I found this link on the Sony website, which gives you all the specs (click here). I'm sure I didn't pay more than $900-950 for it though.

Let me just tell you, watching Peter and his horses always makes me so happy because you can tell how invested he is in them. His reaction after his SJ round, patting Hampton's neck and his mane... it just makes me unspeakably happy to see that bond between horse and rider. And when he dropped his reins after the Park Question (is that right?) to congratulate his horse.. so amazing. He made a big fan this weekend.