The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

so wonderful he had a home and good life these last years. Adorable little guy and thank you for being there for him.

2 members found this post helpful.

I think it is great that OP took care of the mini for so long. And got him out of SKA.

Actually, I think Lauraky is wrong: I thought it was all the vicious attacks on everyone, including JSwan and me and Thomas1, who ended up getting banned over the never ending requests for money for a sling which had been paid for more than once, that caused the whole issue to come to a head. I still thank Wanderluster, I think that is who complained about the donations?, for starting the exposure of SKA and her minions. Ah if I had just recorded all the cell calls I got from Lori and dressage geek, people would be amazed at their contempt for most people on Coth, including all blondes. (Before i decided to bail out of special horses.org.) ETA and I am blonde turning grey.

But as people have said, this is not about SKA. It is about OP being great and taking care of the mini for so many years so he could have a good life. It's not so sad when an equine has enjoyed life and gets old and feeble, and has to be put down them. I always like the Coth magazine term for it, "the infirmities of old age."
    Last edited by cloudyandcallie; Mar. 1, 2014 at 01:58 PM.

6 members found this post helpful.

Thank you for taking care of Leo all these years. Your open heart and actions are part of the miracle of COTH and why I keep coming back to this online community.

2 members found this post helpful.

He's gone. So hard! Here is a last shot of him about an hour before.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...36311302_n.jpg

What was really amazing is, right when the vet was getting ready to inject him, ALL the horses left the hay bales and walked up to the fence line and stood in a row side by side and just watched. Till Curly turned and bit Joker on the butt then it was over, but was just so strange, 10 horses all standing there in a row. Wish I had the sense about me to take a picture but I just couldn't. All we could do is watch them, then turn to the job at hand.
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

Godspeed Leo. And thank you Lori for taking him in.

Oh Leo. I'm so sorry he's gone, but so happy you ended up with him, Chard. You did right by that little guy. He was lucky to have found you.

I remember posting on a clipping thread you'd posted. IIRC it had to do with mini's being blade eaters.

Your stories of him and your pictures of him always made me smile inside and out.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

1 members found this post helpful.

godspeed Leo. You won't be forgotten. And thank you again for giving him many good years. He was already in heaven on earth!

I'm sorry Chard...thought Lori had him. Thank you for taking him in.