The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Interesting Opportunity for Sea Accounts lovers

I have been made aware that a 16.2-16.3 dark bay Sea Accounts 4 y.o. gelding being auctioned on a stableman's lien in NY (Long Island) next week. He was purchased in-utero from me and moved to NY as a yearling. Due to the economy, his owner disappeared (literally, PI's have not been able to locate her) and this guy and her show horse at another barn were both repo'd for back board.

Symply Sean was a gorgeous baby and has great bloodlines for sport, especially jumping (he has the Bold Ruler/Damascus cross!!). Since the owner disappeared almost a year ago, he has not been started nor has he been handled a lot, though he was handled a fair amount as a yearling and two year old and was hauled 1500 miles as a yearling. He has been well cared for diet-wise and is in good weight. He is not all spiffed up like a show horse though.

I think this could be an awesome opportunity for someone to get a really nice purpose bred TB for not a lot of money.

Here is his pedigree: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/inde...mall_font=1&l=
    I do not know if she registered him, and if not and new owner wants JC papers, I will help in any way I can.

Here is the auction info:

"Notice to Public. Sale of personal property to satisfy lien. Notice is given that the following personal property, to wit, a certain horse named 'Sean', a four year old dark bay thoroughbred gelding of approximately 16.3 hands, will be sold at public auction on the 1st day of May, 2010 at 11:00 AM on that day at BJ Farm, 1394 Main Rd, Jamesport, in the Town of Riverhead, County of Suffolk,New York. The sale of the horse is to satisfy a stableman's lien..."

This horse can be seen in advance of the auction. To make an appointment please call 516 647 4735 or 631 754 8268"

Pics were taken today:
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9.../Sean42410.jpg
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...Conf423101.jpg
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...front42410.jpg

A few baby pics. (He loved to make faces!!! A lot of personality)
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...n/sean5293.jpg
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...n/sean5294.jpg
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...n/sean5298.jpg

NOTE: his ankles/fetlocks look funny in a couple of pics, but it's just that they have never been trimmed.

Cybabies, as we call them, are starting to show with two in hunter ring with multiple championships at A and AA shows and more are being started all the time. The reports I am getting are that they all have Cy's great mind, work ethic and athleticism. They are athletic enough to interest pros/upper level riders and suitable temperament-wise for ammies.

Would love for this guy to have a soft landing after a real mess.

I am happy to answer any questions if I can.
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

*bump* after RK3DE threads galore!
    Home of Sea Accounts xx

What a handsome horse! I wish he were in CA. Here's hoping he finds a wonderful home, I simply cannot imagine just abandoning a horse

I'd love a sea accounts baby....wish I was closer...

I have a Private Terms son (grandson of private account) -- wish I were closer!! Super cute horse!

I clicked on the link b/c thought might be related, and is. I really like my guy.
    My big man - April 27, 1986 - September 04, 2008-
    You're with me every moment, my big red horse.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle of some kind.

One last bump for Sean. Auction is tomorrow. Please jingle for a good home for him.
    Home of Sea Accounts xx

Quote Originally Posted by cyriz's mom View Post
    One last bump for Sean. Auction is tomorrow. Please jingle for a good home for him.

I would wonder if the owner of the farm will just buy him to then sell privately if there are not a lot of people at the auction. I suspect that they have to do an "auction" for legal reasons.

Regardless...I hope some one good purchases him. He looks like a very nice horse.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

He is at a standardbred racing farm...he and two other Cybabies "grew" up there on pasture...so they have no interest him and from a business standpoint don't want to put more money in him. Another friend has been making calls to the h/j trainers in the area and there may be some interest there. It helps that the other two Cybabies are getting some attention as the one is winning at every show and the other is just four, but is fancier than the older one (and is full TB--the older one is 80% TB). Sean is a beautiful mover and should jump the moon, so if he gets in the right hands, he'll be a star.
    Home of Sea Accounts xx

If he's 16.2, how tall is the handler?

Quote Originally Posted by cyriz's mom View Post
    He is at a standardbred racing farm...he and two other Cybabies "grew" up there on pasture...so they have no interest him and from a business standpoint don't want to put more money in him. Another friend has been making calls to the h/j trainers in the area and there may be some interest there. It helps that the other two Cybabies are getting some attention as the one is winning at every show and the other is just four, but is fancier than the older one (and is full TB--the older one is 80% TB). Sean is a beautiful mover and should jump the moon, so if he gets in the right hands, he'll be a star.
    Then fingers crossed he gets into the right hands.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Just as an aside the farm is a wonderful place and the owners are super people.

Let us know what happens,please.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

Is he still growing--is that why his butt is so high?

Can I get a 2-for-1 deal with the handler included with the horse? :-P

He's gorgeous. I hope he ends up in a good place. I have 6 already so...another is out of the question for me
    The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

Eventer55 - You are so right. I have seen many pics and know from the other owner's emails that they took super care of her boys while they were there and tried really hard to work something out with Sean's owner. The whole situation is just really unfortunate.

As for the height of the handler, he must be a long drink of water because I trust the lady who took the pics about Sean's size!!!

Dramapony - who knows, maybe that's a "doable" deal?????!!!! LOL

I will let report on where he goes.
    Home of Sea Accounts xx

Cryiz's Mom

I clicked on this because Sea Accounts is one of the stallions I want for my mare. I wish I were in a position to bid. I have a good friend who boards there and I used to live near there.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to take on another horse right now I hope they both find a perfect place.

I didn't see this saga til after the auction was over. What was the outcome? I love Sea Accounts' breeding!

I jsut got an email form a friend of mine who said she thought they had not sold him as no bids close to the minimum came in.

Not sure if this is 100% correct. He may still be available, I would call the farm if your still interested.

Default He didn't sell

There were no bids, BUT a number of great people showed up and are interested in him. They just want their trainers to take a look at him first.

So, it's looking like he's going to end up in a good place, just not looking like an eventing home, but a hunter one.

Thanks so much for all the positive thoughts and comments.

I'll update once a sale is finalized.

If anyone is interested, they should contact BJ's quickly.
    Home of Sea Accounts xx