The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cotuit Bay 1991 grey mare

Does anyone know how I might find a list and contacts for any previous owners?

I have never posted for information like this or gone calling people before, but there is just something pulling my heart strings on this older girl who has until tomorrow (04/23/10) before she ships. From older pictures I have found she looks like a nice solid mare with good bloodlines (at least from a sport horses perspective).

http://www.ac4h.com/BrokerOwnedProgram.htm

http://www.pedigreequery.com/cotuit+bay

As per pedigree query the owner was Crowley Thoroughbreds LLC, although that could be old. I can't find a number for them. Another listed Michael Crowley but that number was disconnected. A google search of the mare's a name has turned up Skytop farm in NY as a possible past owner, however judging by the picture it was sometime ago as she was darker grey then. I did call Skytop and spoke with a very nice person who has worked there 5 years and does not recall the mare, he will leave a message for the owners though.

An older ad when she looked a little better off:

http://starquine.com/mare_detail_new...ew.asp?id=5514

Anyway, if you know anything connected to the mare, I'm sure she'd appreciate the help! I just wish this was a year from now when I'd graduate, I'd take her in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by beaulilly; Apr. 22, 2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Add pedigree link

I wonder where she ended up after the sale linked...three crosses to Mahmoud, no wonder she's gray.

FWIW, way back when she did win her last start (Saratoga claimer).
    http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbP...ry=USA&race=10

Winning owner was John Amriati, trainer was James Ferraro. She seems to have raced only in New York, at Saratoga, Aqueduct, and Belmont, including a start in the Busanda Stakes (4th.)

Hope someone picks her up. She's a bit old for a broodie but she had a couple nice ones and probably could use a decent retirement.

Thanks for the reply. I had found the breeder of her most successful progeny, Angel Dancer, Vivian Amriati, and that mare was foaled in 2001. I've tried googling the name but no luck.

I just wish she had more time, I'm trying anyone I know to help her before tomorrow.

Not just a sporthorse producer -

COTUIT BAY, by Waquoit. 5 wins at 2 and 3, $101,423. Dam of 9 foals, 2 winners--

Angel Dancer (f. by Incurable Optimist). 6 wins, 4 to 6, placed at 7, 2008, $266,470.

Aly Boom Ah Yea (g. by Alyfoe). 5 wins, 3 to 5, $42,172.

That best filly earned more than a quarter of a million dollars.

Her 2nd dam is a sister to Herecomesthebride, who has a graded stakes turf race named after her at Gulfstream Park.

I'll cross-post this link to a TB board . . . anyone with contact information for Our Mims TB (mare) retirement might want to give them a 'heads up' too.
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

buck jakes (hunt cup winner) also comes from that mare line

PA, where the State motto is: "If it makes sense, we don't do it!".

Beau, it looks as though this mare has been placed with Voices for Horses, an Ohio rescue....

I think you can call off your hunt for info.
    "Good gardening is very simple, really. You just have to learn to think like a plant." ~Barbara Damrosch~

Cotuit Bay's new mom Guest

Default Her new home

She will be coming home to retire on 13 acres along with another OTTB. My 4 year old daughter will give her lots of love and cookies. Hopefully she will be up for some light riding Thank you all.

Lovely! And 19 is probably not too old for some riding, provided there's no injury. If she's like my guy, though, she'd probably just prefer the cookies. (He's only eight but is trying to convince me he should be on a beach drinking umbrella drinks and eating himself into a stupor, not this "canter" thing.)

Yes, I saw yesterday evening that Voices for Horses had put their name down. I'm really glad to hear that she has actually found herself a forever home to enjoy the rest of her years.

Many Thanks to her new mom!!