The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone ever purchased from...

http://www.bobmicklers.com/

http://www.stcroixsaddlery.com/

or

http://www.victorycanter.com/

Good service? Bad? Anything terrible? It's a pretty simple purchase as I already know exactly what and the size that I need. I am looking at a particular jacket that these ones carry, not carried by State Line and Dover.

I ordered from http://www.stcroixsaddlery.com
    smooth transactions, very prompt shipment, unlike Dover

I just ordered a sheepskin halter from Victory Canter - arrived very quickly and is a nice halter.

up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)

Victory Canter: multiple great transactions, including prompt returns/exchanges.

Never ordered from the others.
    Full-time bargain hunter.

Default mixed feeling on victorycanter

I bought a pair of Dublin paddock boots from them & when they arrived they were very poor quality. Such as the excess glue everywhere, boots were clearly shaped differently in the toes & slight differently sizes than each other, two slightly different colors, etc.. I was going to settle for these but I thought no I can't walk around wearing two boots that don't look like they belong together. I sent Victorycanter pics & description of the boots and asked for them to pay for the shipping to be returned to them since the boots were what I ordered & technically this return wasn't my fault, such as wrong size, etc. I didn't fault Victorycanter for the "second" qualilty boots I received but I did expect them to make it right and send me another pair at their expense. It took several emails back & forth & round & round with their customer service before this was rectified. That whole process has somewhat dulled my views of them. In the end they sent a second another pair & paid for me to ship the bad pair back. I do love my boots and all is good now, so I guess it wasn't that bad of an experience just not going to be so quick to do business with them again due to their customer service.

Default Victory Canter

I also have mixed feelings toward Victory Canter... feelings that are edging toward irritation and extreme annoyance.

I ordered two pairs of breeches from them at the beginning of February. Same style and size, different colors. The first pair arrived very quickly, were great, I was happy. I waited and waited on the second pair, sent them an email, they told me there was a delay from the distributor. I waited, and waited some more, sent them an email, they said they would ship the breeches within the week. I waited another couple of weeks--nothing. Sent them another email, they said they would email me back and let me know if they had the breeches in within the week...we'll see if they actually email me.

Bottom line: I think it's pretty silly that it's almost May and I'm still badgering them about the second pair of breeches. I'm just glad they weren't a birthday gift or that I didn't need them for a show or something like that.

Yes from St Croix Saddlery. They are about 1 1/2 hours from me so I've been there often enough. Excellent company to deal with in person. I've never ordered from them online though but I'd assume they'd be fairly prompt too.
    Proud owner of Gus & Gringo.
    See G2's blog
    Photos

I had a different experience with Victory Canter. I bought a pair of MH winter paddock boots that got a hole in them almost immediately. They replaced them without fuss, the next pair also got a hole, turned out to be a design problem that was fixed this year by MH. Victory Canter waited until this model year's boot was out and replaced them again. The woman I worked with (might have been Karen, not totally sure) was very helpful.

I have bought 3 jackets from VC, all of which got here promptly, and all of which I love. Great quality, great prices and so comfy.

I've ordered several times from St. Croix, I love them! Very speedy shipping and they worked with me great when I had to exchange some boos. Wonderful customer service. They used to do Mikmar bit trials which is how I found out about them, after that went so smoothly I continued to order from them.
    -Tami-

[Paint It Black - "Kiddo"]

Update:

I decided to buy the jacket from http://www.stcroixsaddlery.com/. Hopefully it goes well. I am already pleased as I got my "Order Conformation" email at 3:58 and received my "Order Shipped" email at 4:09, tracking number and all.

So, that is super!

I shopped St. Croix a lot when I lived in MN. They were about 45 minutes from my house. I have had excellent service both in person and online. You won't be disappointed.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett