The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

Thumbs up a few jingles for luck? whooeee they worked!

I had several amazing offers in the broodmare lease thread. I thought I had a really perfect mare lined up, but during her vet check this past week, she turned up pregnant, and due in January. Oops. Understandably her owner is reluctant to send her to foal out in January in Ice Station Zebra...

So I am starting from scratch again, and have two distinct possibilities *in New England.* One is a dream mare that I tried to get a couple years ago, but could not transport at the time... the other is a pretty amazing NSH mare who is quite similar to the much missed Big Bay Broodmare Extraordinaire(tm)

There are several factors going on... will be talking to both mareowners this weekend. I'm completely torn if the choice becomes up to me...

I don't even know what I'm asking for jingles FOR... the choice is between good and good. Hoping at *least* one works...
    Last edited by pintopiaffe; Apr. 24, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

Well I'll send you a few jingles from Ireland! Hope you get one of these nice mares. At least she will be looked after properly!

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Jingles to you indeed! I'm sure whatever mare you end up with, the foal will be phenomenal. I've browsed your farm site multiple times and what lovely animals.

Godd luck and jingles, hoping you end up with a terrific mare- and everything goes great!
    Nancy
    Home of Ironman: GOV, BWP, RPSI, CSHA, AWR, ISR Oldenburg, CWHBA, CSHA, CS, and PHR.
    www.ironmanonline.com

Jingles for BOTH to work out !! AO Always Optimistic !
    Soft hijack ~ how is Helio sp ??
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Be careful what you ask for!!!

It is AMAZING what can transpire while one sleeps the day away... (not really, I only got about 3.5 hrs today, but still... )

I am absolutely, positively BEAMING sitting here... I arrived at work, opened my email, to a flurry of conversations that had occurred during my 'night...' It is not completely final yet, but it looks like my new mare will be.... drumroll....

Crestline's Waterspot mare...

Trot

Waterspot

Trotting

More pics of her and some of her kids here: http://www.crestlinefarm.com/brood_waterspot.htm

In an incredibly small world way, I had tried to get her a few years ago when she became available, but shipping from TX just was impossible at the time. She's now just two hours from me.

I am so very, very, VERY excited. All things happen for a reason... when a door closes, not only do windows open, but skylights, and heck this time the roof even blew right off!!!
    Last edited by pintopiaffe; Apr. 24, 2010 at 10:01 PM.

Congratulations ! ENJOY !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Really nice mare, congratulations! What stallion are you thinking about for her?

She *may* meet my young TrakehnerX son of my stallion late this summer (she has a GORGEOUS foal at side currently, about 3 weeks old) or my stallion this year.

I'm already dreaming of dates for her, the list is long! She comes with discounted lifetime breedings to Palladio, whom I love and with whom she's produced premium hz foals... I'm sure I'll take advantage of that. Limet Hurry is on the short list. Cadence in Color is a distinct possibility but I have to do the pedigree to make sure the Art Deco doubled up isn't too close. She's not giant, so I've got some Pony stallions in mind like Winding Oak's Brynn. The possibilities are almost endless right at this moment

But really, the main reason I'm so excited about her is that I think she is just ideal for both my own guys. With the loss of my two grand old broodies in the last 3 years, I've not had my own mare suitable for my stallion or his son. When it's your own mare and your own stallion, it really lets you keep costs down for the buyer in the end, which is one of my main breeding goals--Competitive quality without having to mortgage the farm.

I'm just in shock, really... but already having a blast researching and dreaming.

Talking So happy for you PP

She is an awesome mare...you are so lucky!
    Keep us all posted on who you breed her to.....
    You just "might" get a homozygous filly one day. Girn
    I did with my breeding program...have a daughter of Sempatico and my foundation broodmare Jennys Turn She has a date with Freestyle next year when she is 3 years old!....only my second homozygous off spring in 25 years of breeding...
    Anyway all the best.
    Martha
    Breeder of Quality and Colour
    Tobiano Pinto Sporthorses
    www.jmrpintos.com

How exciting!!! She's lovely!!
    -Jessica

NICE!!! Since you are leasing...will you be hoping for a keeper filly?

if things go well... and it's still in the works--I hope I'm not jinxing it but I just am so excited I could burst and had no one else to tell who would GET IT-- she'll come to her last, forever home with me. Get to loaf around and be a Mum... then get spoilt rotten forever.

But absolutely will hope for hz. And this time, if I get a NICE daughter, I'm not going to be so quick to sell, whether shes by my own stallion or not! Learned my lesson that!

I'm super excited to put Lugh (reg'd name: Luminesce,(AWS,)( Lord Majikjaz (IAHA, RPSI, AWS) x Magnificat (trakehner, but RPSI approved--*Malachit x Wings of light) to her at some point. He's just 3 this year, so not yet... but... type wise she is ideal for him. And of course Lord Cosmo is on the list... Maybe Rainbow or Spectrum some day... the possibilties... the possibilities...