The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default MMB spin off....Rolex SPONSORS MMB! It stinks even WORSE now!

really the title says it all....
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Oh boy, I can hear the thunder of the COTH rules police racing over here to see what you posted JH. Too funny, but I do agree. It stinks to high heaven!

And proves one of my points. Women, without protections, make unequal sacrafices to have childen.

How does a person being sponsored by the title sponsor of the very ranking system she sought to freeze somehow equate to women making unequal sacrifices to have children?

Quote Originally Posted by soloudinhere View Post
    How does a person being sponsored by the title sponsor of the very ranking system she sought to freeze somehow equate to women making unequal sacrifices to have children?
    What s/he said. Looks more like "rules get bent/rewritten for people with big-name sponsors, so tough luck for those who haven't taken time off."

Quote Originally Posted by Dooner View Post
    And proves one of my points. Women, without protections, make unequal sacrafices to have childen.
    Huh?

It doesn't prove anything. Nothing. Did Rolex make a threat to MMB that they would pull their sponsorship of her if she got pregnant?

There is cause to suspect that Rolex may have pressured FEI to pass the Maternity rule, however. The relatively short time frame between the passing of the rule affecting their rider and Rolex's annoucement of continue FEI sponsorship would lead us to believe that. It doesn't prove anything, though.

Jumphigh83...seriously, go have a glass of wine and chill out. You're getting a bit over the top.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

You are right RB it doesn't "prove" anything, but it sure does REEK of favoritism....money talks....everyone else, walks! It is my feeling that the FEI might better shut up and sit down for a while and hope people have short memories! It just gets more and more suspect and unsavory,if only in appearance! (not that I believe that!)
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumphigh83 View Post
    You are right RB it doesn't "prove" anything, but it sure does REEK of favoritism....money talks....everyone else, walks!
    Absolutely. I was replying to Dooner's post that MMB is making some kind of sacrifice (other than her points) to have a child.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

I am not ready to go off on an conspiracy theory tangent yet, but nothing the FEI does surprises me.

The FEI is far from the neutral, unbiased, level playing field, for the betterment of the sport, entity it was designed to be.

In this sport the power is/has been unbalanced for a long time and the FEI's actions and decisions have fallen in line with the power balance historically.

Without getting in to a whole thing concerning the FEI we really have none to blame but ourselves for the half-baked decisions made and the dubious direction the FEI has taken.

The thread of connections that lead to the FEI today are in large part the result of our failure to maintain equine "sovereignty" if you wanna call it that, and we continue to this day follow the same marginalizing path that resulted in the underlying cause, power balance.

We can whine and cry all we want, but things will not change until we change and ultimately balance the power.