The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trying to buy Rolex stadium tickets -- which seating area is covered?

I'm trying to buy three tickets to watch Sunday's stadium jumping at Rolex. I know I want the covered seats that everyone has raved about, i.e. the ones shaded by the overhang, but which ones are they? The map of the stadium doesn't say. I'm assuming they are the most expensive ones, i.e. the $32 ones shown in lime green up at the top on the map? Otherwise why would those cost the most?

Map is here: https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/s...easonPassID=29

Anyone know which seats on the stadium map are the covered ones? If they're the lime green colored ones on the map up at the top of the grandstands, can anyone tell me if this puts you too far away from the action and makes the shelter not worth it?

Thanks!

EDIT: Shoot, the link doesn't work. Well, go here: http://www.rk3de.org/tickets.html and click the big "Buy Tickets Online" button, then click "Buy Tickets" in any of the Sunday Reserved Seating rows to see the map.

Default I've had both

and I prefer the uncovered ones that are closer. That said, last year I got a wicked, wicked sunburn after 4 days in the front row. But... on Sunday last year at the awards ceremony, when the PA system failed, we were close enough to hear every word the Governor said. Very cool. So yes, it's the expensive ones up at the top.

I thought ticket sales were closed? Usually the covered stadium stuff is sold out by now.

We like the covered because *most* years it seems like it rains. Last year was the new config but we always try to get seats near the in gate. You get a lot of neat photos that way!
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

No, doesn't appear to be sold out. I haven't paid for them yet but I am all the way to the end of checkout and waiting for feedback from my fellow travelers before I hit the final button to purchase. It is quite a conundrum trying to decide if we'd rather be guaranteed a spot out of the elements but farther from the action or if we want to take our risks and buy lower grandstand tickets where we can be closer.

It would a cruel trick if they let me get this far through checkout then told me all seats were sold out -- especially since as you are purchasing it shows you the seats you have chosen and says they are reserved for the next 300 seconds while you finish deciding/buying.

Ok, thanks for the help everyone, I bought the tickets. Uncovered, lower grandstand. I will get drenched or scorched if I need to, all in the name of seeing some kick-ass jumping from as close as possible! (First-timer here, in case you can't tell).

Last year was my first year going and I loved the uncovered seats that were closer. I too got a wicked sunburn but definitely worth it, and we bought uncovered seats again for this year.
    Check out my Equine Genetics Blog! Updated April 25th with Splashed White!!!
    http://equinegenetics.blogspot.com/

Seat tickets are on sale, online only, through the event and can be picked up at the Event Box Office in the Park Grandstand. They are not sold out yet! Seats do not include admission but you can buy it at the gate.