The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Martin's Auction in Lebanon

Anyone going??? Road trip!!!!!!!!! with my Barn Owner and one or two others. Never have been, do not need anything, OK maybe a spare set of reins. Should be great fun and chance to look at all sorts of vehicles.

Show season up here in Ontario is getting underway. Just got the prize list yesterday in the mail for my first one that I will be attending, but the clinics have started and other clubs have shows scheduled.

Hope everyone will have a safe and fun driving year.

Cynthia

Northeast Ohio, where mud rules your world...

I'm going! Will be leaving with my best pal and my motorhome on Thursday. We have to shop for a couple of vehicles for our two mares. My friend purchased a gig two years ago but it was not very well painted. It has really taken a beating with all the showing we did. Sport Horse Nationals 09 rained continuously and the paint job proved itself unworthy of the moisture. I don't think it was ever spar varnished.

so we are looking for something to replace before we decide to have it repainted. I also have to find something for my little arabian mare who is pulling just a plain ol' boring natural road cart.

Be careful about making friends at an auction. You may end up in a bidding war!!!

By the way, if you haven't been to Martin's, beware the weather. Bring lots of layers as sometimes it gets really cold sitting there watching the bidding all day. Plus, Saturday is completely outside, rain or shine. And last year, it rained. I wore a full body rain suit and rubber boots over my clothes and believe me, I needed it. The rain poured all day and the grounds were slop!

The best part of the auction is the little old ladies diner. Homemade food and goodies. Bring lots of money!
    ...don't sh** where you eat...

My mom will be there looking for a nice 4 wheel carriage for her mare. I will be home farm sitting . I wish I had the money to get a nicer carriage for my pony pair.

Christa

Quote Originally Posted by cabz View Post
    Anyone going??? Road trip!!!!!!!!! with my Barn Owner and one or two others. Never have been, do not need anything, OK maybe a spare set of reins. Should be great fun and chance to look at all sorts of vehicles.

Show season up here in Ontario is getting underway. Just got the prize list yesterday in the mail for my first one that I will be attending, but the clinics have started and other clubs have shows scheduled.

Hope everyone will have a safe and fun driving year.

Cynthia
    Hey lady, how ya doing? sound as if you are up and ready for the whole new season.

We won;t be road triping to Martin;s auction but will be thinking of you as we road trip to Perry GA carriage auction the middle of May. I am going to sell my antique road cart, no room for it in my barn and I really don;t use it anymore.

So have fun and don;t spend all you money in one place!!!!