The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pictures of my late Frosty the Snowpony, sidesaddle!

Here is a picture a friend sent me. Frosty and I, I must have been 12, much too big for that 11.2 hand pony and Frosty would have been 19 or 20. Jumping 2'6" at a sidesaddle show!
    http://s535.photobucket.com/albums/e...Sidesaddle.jpg
    I love the expression on her face!

And here are Frosty and Babes, her best friend. We used to do pairs all the time and we were unbeatable! Babes was 11 hands.
    http://s535.photobucket.com/albums/e...BabesPairs.jpg

Frosty is my pony who I put down on Monday at the age of 40 years and 363 days. My daughter wanted to give her the greatest 41st birthday present. A birthday in heaven with new eyes and legs. We released 41 balloons for her birthday on Wednesday.
    Maria Hayes-Frosty Oak Stables
    Home to All Eyez On Me, 1998 16.2 Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stallion
    & FrostyOak Hampton 2008 Pure Cleveland Bay Colt
    www.frostyoaks.com

Very cute pony.
    I'm sorry about your loss.
    41 years!
    Jumping side-saddle! OMG.
    Laurie Higgins
    www.coreconnexxions.com

I'm so sorry for your loss, but what a great pony! Thanks for sharing the pics

Frosty ~ what a grand pony !!! RIP beautiful girl. Love the photos!
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

What wonderful pictures! Did you name her Frosty after "Hobby Horse Hill"? I particularly love the brown jackets you and your friend are wearing.

I read your other thread about putting her down. What a wonderful life you gave her!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Sidesaddle! The pairs pictures are super, too. Thanks for sharing!

Northeast Ohio, where mud rules your world...

How lucky to share such a treasure with your daughter! and the pics are positively vintage!

Makes me wonder what ever happened to my little Shetland Tiger. My parents had to give him up when we moved. He and I were the same age and it is quite possible he is still around. hmmmm....

In relation to the crazy kids thread, I only have pics of me riding bareback with baling twine tied to his halter.
    ...don't sh** where you eat...

What a cutie she was. I love these tales of horses shared & loved between generations. What a gift.

I'm sure she appreciated the balloons.

My trainer used to release a balloon every year on her old horses birthday; he was her multi-generational boy, having been her show horse in youth and then carrying her daughter in leadline classes in his golden years. She'd been sending him balloons religiously for several years, but one year as his birthday approached life intervened and she got distracted, forgot to get his balloon and decided that was enough of that. She walked out to get a horse the next morning and in a tree in the back of the 20-acre pasture, she found a balloon, close enough to the ground for her to reach up and grab. He'd sent her one instead.
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Guin View Post
    What wonderful pictures! Did you name her Frosty after "Hobby Horse Hill"? I particularly love the brown jackets you and your friend are wearing.

I read your other thread about putting her down. What a wonderful life you gave her!
    She came with the name Frosty when I was 7 and she was 14. I'm sure it was her "frosted mane". But being 7 and creative, I named her Frosty the Snowpony. Funny thing is years later someone local named their pony Noel the Snowpony after Frosty!

My memories keep me smiling and other then the first night, or when people really dig deep into her past with me, I cannot shed anymore tears. She was bright and happy and I know I did the right thing. I'm so thankful for a great friend (riding the palomino pony) who's dad was a photographer and took great memories. I have tons of video too of Frosty, jumping 3 foot courses too!
    Maria Hayes-Frosty Oak Stables
    Home to All Eyez On Me, 1998 16.2 Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stallion
    & FrostyOak Hampton 2008 Pure Cleveland Bay Colt
    www.frostyoaks.com

I'm glad you and your daughter had so many wonderful years with her, and your daughter is obviously wise to know when it was time to let her go. I'm always impressed by people jumping side-saddle! I had a chance to ride sidesaddle on 3 horses at a weekend clinic, and it was very fun. Frosty was such a cutie!

Rubyfree, such a sweet story!
    Stay me with coffee, comfort me with chocolate, for I am sick of love.