The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB gelding schoolmaster, confidence builder, in Ocala Fl

Hi COTH members,
    Thank you all for your response to my last ad. I have found a wonderful home for the hanoverian mare and almost had a home for this guy but it fell through. Due to extenuating circumstances, I really have to look further than just locally to place this wonderful boy.

George: 17 or 18 year old chestnut gelding, 16.3 hh, classic, elegant and sound. He was a hunter/jumper in a former life (up to 4') and has done up to 3rd level dressage (in training, but not showing). He knows his job, is smooth, very obedient, has no quirks, and takes care of his rider. He taught me (a dressage rider) to jump and we had fun showing (2'6") His dressage is now a bit rusty, but he does lateral work and floats into a wonderful medium trot without hesitation and his canter is great. He is out of condition, and gets a little arthritic in the winter. He shouldn't really be jumped anymore, but can give a rider a sensitive, educated ride.

He was out with a dressage rider last fall for a short time, showing her the ropes, and got into pretty good shape, loved the work, and got a little depressed when he came back home to be turned out with the boys without the daily personal attention.

He is a sweet horse, lower on the pecking order, excellent polite ground manners, good feet! He isn't a kickalong horse, and gets nervous on the trail - he might suit an advanced beginner if under supervision, or would be great for that person re-entering riding who needs a good friend that is steady, well-trained, and doesn't take work to ride.

We call him Princess Georgina - he's sometimes a bit dorky - and he needs someone to call his own who will dote on him. Not to a lesson home or jumping home please. Please PM me with your email address for pictures if you are interested.

MW
    Last edited by Medicine Wheel (Ogilvie); Apr. 16, 2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: to say he doesn't have to be just an arena horse :)

(bump before he goes off the page....)
    Is anyone interested in Georgie? He's a dear sweet lover boy and will take good care of the right person
    MW

I have a friend at work who is looking for a non-gaited horse to do drill team with. Think he would be good at that? She is in High Springs, Fl and has been a horse person for many years.

Not sure what is entailed in drill team work. PM me with contact info or more details.
    Maybe?
    MW