The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Really nice TB Broodmare looking for a good home

I took in this mare and her friend back in Jan/Feb. Both were in a tough situation and were underweight and in need of TLC. I have since found a home for her friend and was going to origionally keep her to breed myself but I have decided I don't really have time right now or in the near future. My loss is someones gain...
    She is a REALLY nice mare....she sold for 75k as a yearling at Keeneland. She is a 93' model about 15.3/16 hands, very pretty, sound and a good mover. She has a very sweet disposition is a little shy at first but warms up once she settles in. I think she was roughly handled at some point.
    I have had her brought up to date on all vaccines, wormed her and she has current coggins and my repro vet has checked her out and deemed her breeding sound. She had a foal last year who I did get to see and he was very correct.
    She would be a great addition to any sporthorse breeding program. She could also be a great pasture buddy as she gets along well with others and is not aggresive at all. here is the link to her pedigree: http://www.pedigreequery.com/dubiouscredentials
    Anyone interested can contact me via PM or email. I will require vet referances from any potential home.
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

I am also willing to help with shipping for anyone who might be interested but is further away... I just want her in a good home.

Would she be suitable for riding or only as a broodmare/companion? Thanks!

She has been a TB broodmare since leaving the track (only raced once) as in was being bred for race horses primarily. Given her age and her distrust of people I wouldn't recommend her for riding I think it would make her too nervous. She is a sweet heart to deal with I can vaccum her, groom, her, etc and she is a perfect angel. When we first brought her home she would run to the back of the stall whenever we went in now she comes up looking for treats. She still gets nervous if someone shouts or makes sudden moves at her. My little nephews visit and bring carrots (They jump around a yell etc as kids do) and she is getting better about it all I think she has decided they are kind of cool cause they have food... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by clue1005 View Post
    Would she be suitable for riding or only as a broodmare/companion? Thanks!
    Last edited by BigRuss1996; Apr. 15, 2010 at 02:43 PM.

I understand that! Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sure you'll find her the perfect home.

bump