The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question New mare- what are your thoughts?

Good afternoon Cothers
    I just got a new mare that I am hoping to do the A/O's jumpers on.
    I'm not the most educated regarding breeding... what are your thoughts on her breeding?
    Not planning on breeding her but I'm curious if anything interesting sticks out in her bloodlines...
    Of course, her grandsire on her sire's side is Baloubet which I know quite a bit about but other than that... anything interesting on the dam's side?

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/irish+hills+chyna

I also find it interesting that she has Northern Dancer far back on both sides...
    All I can say is she is a big girl with a business like attitude.
    Thank you for taking a look and enlightening me
    Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!

Default hi

Quote Originally Posted by jumpingmaya View Post
    Good afternoon Cothers
    I just got a new mare that I am hoping to do the A/O's jumpers on.
    I'm not the most educated regarding breeding... what are your thoughts on her breeding?
    Not planning on breeding her but I'm curious if anything interesting sticks out in her bloodlines...
    Of course, her grandsire on her sire's side is Baloubet which I know quite a bit about but other than that... anything interesting on the dam's side?

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/irish+hills+chyna

I also find it interesting that she has Northern Dancer far back on both sides...
    All I can say is she is a big girl with a business like attitude.
    Thank you for taking a look and enlightening me
    I know the TB lines are good, b/c I only know the most famous ones and she is loaded with them. I don't know her sire, but am very familar with Galoubet. Is she on the hotter side? You have lots of french and TB lines with her. I bet she can jump!
    Home of Five Kings HsH (Eurocommerce Berlin x Diamant de Semilly x Quidam de Revel) and several top bred mares www.hshorses.com

Thank you
    Yes she is on the hotter side for sure... she is "special" we like to say- definitely a one rider horse. But I clicked with her and took her home right away.
    And we are just starting to jump her (she was started as a 4 year old then thrown out to pasture for 5 years after a bad divorce). Had vet, chiro and dentist all tell me that the only thing wrong with her is that she needs a job- she is quite the self entertainer otherwise.
    So far- she can definitely jump. And buck - and the saddle is custom (perfect fit so no worries there). The body work I've had done on her really changed her though... now it's only "for fun bucks"... nothing mean.
    Thanks for the input!!
    Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!