The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 1999 Dutch Warmblood cross gelding

Please see old sales ad for more information. Note- horse is FREE now.
    **Also a good jumper.**

http://www.warmbloods-for-sale.com/H...97&UserID=1648

Just curious, what sort of "maintenance issues" does he have? What is his personality like? Your ad didn't have a lot of info about him.

You may also want to put your location in your title.

Oh what I wouldn't give to be in a position to take him on! Good luck in getting him placed into a great home!
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

Default free gelding

hi! I'm very interested in this horse if he's still available. please send me an email explaining what his maintanence issues are and where you are located. I'm very familiar with issues, I had a 25yr old Hanoverian campaigner for three years! Anyway, I am a good solid rider. I ride Novice level eventing and have started some OTTBs (including my own) and can provide as many references as you would need. Why is he free now, if I may ask.
    Thanks!
    Zara M

He has string halt behind so is a bit uneven in his strides (one hock bends more than the other). This is not a lameness and he has been absolutely sound behind- just uneven. He also needs his front coffin joints injected as he has some navicular changes. Again- he has been sound and jumping.

This is not a horse you are going to get and expect to show successfully in dressage- he does take off steps, uneven steps, etc. Some days are better than others but he is always rideable.

He needs a fairly bold rider as he can be a bit playful under saddle- if he's jumping and taps a jump he may put his head down and crow hop a little. There's no mallace behind it- he's just a playful guy in that regard. He is absolutely NOT suitable for a timid rider.

On the ground he is very sweet but again needs someone who is in charge- i.e. if you let him walk all over you he will gladly do so. He is a sweet, affectionate horse who would do super with a junior rider or confident adult amateur.