The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Attention T3D and P3D fans (and prospective fans)

Check out the interviews with Doug Payne and Gina Miles in the newest issue of the USEA magazine, EVENTING USA, in the T3D article.

They both see the classic format as a very useful tool for educating riders and horses. Gina even included her conditioning schedule.

Perfect timing!!!!

Fleck and I did our hack in the woods yesterday! 1 hour of walking, some trotting and a bit of a canter. Today is dressage, tomorrow he's off cause of work, but then back to it. I also bought JW's gymnastics books for my jump days!!!

I'm soooo stoked! Now to just figure out how to get ME into the gym too!! (I wimped out this morning... need to sleep AND ride before working tonight!)

I know Doug had said that doing the Preliminary 3 Day with Running Order really helped in his training and that horse has had some very impressive results this year including a win at Intermediate at the Fork a few weeks ago. He is someone the folks in the Long Format Club should get in contact with. Doug is very nice and I think really wants to help the sport.
    Five Star Tack

DANGIT!

Let my membership lapse so I don't get the mag anymore!
    Nonetheless.... SUPPORT THE CLASSICS!

And Holly... didn't you have a Wii Fit? Hop to it!
    Last edited by missamandarose; Apr. 15, 2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: holly needed motivation!
    I have Higher Standards... do you?
    Apalachicola Native (Alfie), '02 TB Gelding,
    Wild Man of Borneo (Hank), '03 Redtick coonhound,
    Augustus McRae (Gus), '01 Bluetick coonhound

Default Doug

Quote Originally Posted by redlight View Post
    I know Doug had said that doing the Preliminary 3 Day with Running Order really helped in his training and that horse has had some very impressive results this year including a win at Intermediate at the Fork a few weeks ago. He is someone the folks in the Long Format Club should get in contact with. Doug is very nice and I think really wants to help the sport.
    I met Doug when he was the POTGJ at our local event. I was very impressed with how he handled a controversial matter. His mom and Gina are both on the advisory council of the LFC. I will send this suggestion to our directors. Click on the link below and check out our other advisory folk!
    http://www.longformatclub.com/members.html

LFC...........Pass it on!
    Susan
    LFC Social Networks Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by FLeckenAwesome View Post
    Perfect timing!!!!

Fleck and I did our hack in the woods yesterday! 1 hour of walking, some trotting and a bit of a canter. Today is dressage, tomorrow he's off cause of work, but then back to it. I also bought JW's gymnastics books for my jump days!!!

I'm soooo stoked! Now to just figure out how to get ME into the gym too!! (I wimped out this morning... need to sleep AND ride before working tonight!)
    RUN ...you'd be surprised what 30 minutes will do longterm. Start out walking 2 minutes, jog 1 for 30 minutes. GRADUALLY decrease time walking and add time to jogging (notice the term jog rather than run - jogging comes first... ) still keeping the 30 minute workout time. I increased my sister's early forays into running by 10 seconds each week - she now thinks nothing of running 13 miles...

I can't run again til the end of September...sigh.
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

well that keeps you from running in the nasty humidity atleat lynda

I need to try your approach to running for dummies!
    I have Higher Standards... do you?
    Apalachicola Native (Alfie), '02 TB Gelding,
    Wild Man of Borneo (Hank), '03 Redtick coonhound,
    Augustus McRae (Gus), '01 Bluetick coonhound

I need to do it too... and keep things up on the rowing machine.

Trot sets for Taco today!