The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking HAPPY thread!

NA
    Last edited by *JumpIt*; Mar. 28, 2014 at 03:44 PM.

Good for you! congrats on school!

I guess I'm happy too! It's been beautiful weather 70 degrees and sunny today, rained a few days ago so it was perfect at the barn and my arthritic aged OTTB was spunky and happy to hack around the field and hop over a few cross country jumps... absolutely wonderfull! I've had a lot of changes and stress recently... stayed with a family member while they passed from unexpected cancer, told I was losing my job, got a job, money worries, moveing again after two years with three horses... but lately it hasn't got me down... it's a good feeling.
    "Bold Words was classier than all his competition. Straighter knees and a slim, elegant neck." -Nan Mooney My Racing Heart

You both are so lucky.
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

http://showertimecontemplations.blogspot.com/

ah I forgot! The weather has been perfect for like 3 weeks and it is definitely boosting my euphoria!
    “It's about the horse and that's it.” - GM

!! is the new .

Quote Originally Posted by *JumpIt* View Post
    So what is making you happy these days?
    Red wine
    Every one of them had that look of a girl infatuated with horses, the happy, fated look of a passenger setting sail on the Titanic.

Glad to see some people just being plain, old happy!

I was saying the other day how good life is right now...hoping it stays this way forever Living with the man of my dreams (going on 5yrs), finally out of school and being a real person with a real person job, supporting myself and the horse, and horse's stomach is finally feeling better (knock on wood). Now to just have a nice, young jumper prospect...

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

Kristin--go see my Red Wine thread and recommend!

I actually have been amazingly, supremely blessed of late... I am idiotically happy with my life most of the time. Poor as a pauper, but blissfully happy. I have an amazing life, with interesting careers and the most beautiful 8 1/2 acres on God's Earth.

We have had the most unusually mild late winter and early spring. I LOVE LOVE LOVE vest weather. Vests are a good look for me.

I am riding the first of my third generation, my orphan SillyFilly, and starting the Little Medicine Hat Mare. The Young Master Irrenaeus was born trained.

AND... I just ordered jackets on clearance--like, 70% off clearance--to play hunters in. I will have to return at least one, but it was too good a deal not to TRY them all and see which fits/looks best.
    Last edited by pintopiaffe; Apr. 10, 2010 at 09:33 PM.
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

I have my fair share of good and bad. I try not to focus on the bad.

Good:
    I officially own the cutest Hanoverian gelding that I could never afford to buy and we started horse showing again! Moving back to showing in the AAs at the next show. I LOVE my job and my boss, I started CrossFit training and I feel awesome! My horse is back at a show barn where I no longer have worry daily about his care. Both my saddles sold last week and now I can have the Antares rep come fit a saddle to my horse!

Bad:
    My father is fighting ALS and it hurts to watch him digress daily and know that he is fighting a battle that he will lose.
    ~ Unexpected ~

Quote Originally Posted by Riley0522 View Post
    Glad to see some people just being plain, old happy!

I was saying the other day how good life is right now...hoping it stays this way forever Living with the man of my dreams (going on 5yrs), finally out of school and being a real person with a real person job, supporting myself and the horse, and horse's stomach is finally feeling better (knock on wood). Now to just have a nice, young jumper prospect...
    Hahahaha I have TWO nice, young jumper prospects but I don't have any of the stuff you have! I am almost finished school but am veryyyyyy worried about finding a real person job I can support myself with. I am most definitely single, but that worries me less than getting a good job. So right now the only things that makes me really happy are my two fillies, but I can't even do much with them yet since they are still too young. I'm glad at least some people are really happy and I hope I can find a more definite direction soon and join the happy people!

I'm a mixed bag I'm very happy with where my life is going, but am currently making big (BIG) sacrifices to get there. The good stuff: I'm doing really well in grad school, learning a lot, getting all the experience and more in my field of choice that I could hope for. The 2 big things that could push it over the top are #1 getting a good internship for this summer and #2 getting a grant that I applied for with a professor which will hopefully fund my Masters thesis project. So, fingers crossed for both of those to happen. I will be teaching at my first convention in 3 weeks (From today) and presenting my first research project at a separate conference about 10 days later. Ecstatic does not begin to describe how I feel about those 2 things The last great thing I'm looking forward to is that my fiance and I (ok, more just I ) moved our wedding up from 2012 to 2011.

The sacrifices- I have moved 1500 miles away from my said fiance (and friends, and family) and more or less stopped riding in order to pursue this graduate degree and experience. Long distance SUCKS. I have SOOO much more respect for military families/couples now than I ever did before. Thank God for Skype There is a barn out here that I can ride at, but I've just accepted the reality that I don't really have time during the semesters to take advantage of it. I'll ride some this summer, and again next winter break, and then I graduate next May ('11) and can get married, get a good-paying job, buy a house, finally, finally, FINALLY, buy my first horse!!! So, it's going someplace good But, definitely a lot of "what did I get myself into?" moments along the way!