The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Playoff Hockey...

The playoffs are almost here!!!!! I am so excited. But if the playoffs are here, that means no more race for the scoring trophy between Ovie and Crosby. It's been intense...

I was at the Caps game last night. It was AMAZING. We're going all the way this year. Don't deny.

So... who is your team? What are your views on the playoffs?
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

http://showertimecontemplations.blogspot.com/

No one?
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

Go BRUINS!!!! Awesome game today, with a record breaking 3 short-handed goals in a minute and 4 seconds. All on the same penalty kill.

They've had a really rough year with injuries and what seemed like a complete inability to score......but seem to be on a comeback.
    ~Katelyn~

The Bruins are coming to DC on Sunday!!! I am worried now about the shorthanded goals...

Who was in goal? I <3 Tim Thomas, even though he's not a Cap...

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat95 View Post
    The Bruins are coming to DC on Sunday!!! I am worried now about the shorthanded goals...

Who was in goal? I <3 Tim Thomas, even though he's not a Cap...
    It was a crazy minute.....poor Carolina looked very confused afterwards.

Rask was in net. Hopefully Thomas will play tomorrow......I like him better than Rask (most days).
    ~Katelyn~

Ahahaha Carolina. They amuse me. So did the Bruins clinch then?

I will not open hostilities about the Caps v. Bruins. Now if it were the Penguins...

Lifetime raging Habs fan here. Watching Habs vs Leafs right now. If the Habs don't make the playoffs because they lose to these bums I will vomit.

Go Habs Go!!
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

I've never understood where Habs came from... kind of a random name, or is there something I'm missing?

You aren't a real hockey fan, I will forgive as you are american.

Les Habitants.
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

It's Canadian. How was I supposed to know? And if you don't think we have real hockey here, I dare you to go to a Caps game wearing a Sidney Crosby jersey...

I didn't say you didn't have real hockey. I implied that a true fan of the game would know. It is our game though.
    I would never be caught dead in anything other than a Habs sweater but Sid is awesome. So is OV but Sid is a classy Canadian so he wins

I know it is your game. But then again, did you guys invent curling????

Don't talk about Sid. He is double in trouble because he is a Penguin and on top of that there is the Olympics...

OV is amazing. So is Backstrom... but I particularly like Theodore. I have a thing for goalies...

Goalies are like drummers...best avoided.

It depends... but without the goalie, the team would be nothing. So it's kinda 50/50.

Cut us some slack for the curling...we invented Basketball too and you guys love that $hit.

Ehhhh not in DC... please don't mention the Wizards. We invented lacrosse (the Native Americans did). And I think we invented baseball?

And my opinion about curling is this: I won't begrudge any sport that is permitted to wear red and blue argyle patterned pants.

Well the Sabres finally managed to beat the Senators so all I can say is:

Go Sabres

Christa

Go Calgary ! Though no idea how they are doing since ice hockey is un heard of down here in Oz ! lol

Do have to note that Canadians DID NOT invent curling ... scotland did. We just happen to kick butt at it

P.

Default BRUINS!!

Yesterday's game was amazing! Can't wait to see them do it again today!

ps..I always wondered what "Habs" meant to. I AM a true fan, just never found a Canadien to ask.
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault, and you know what? Even if you have an excuse, shut up. "Bruce Davidson Sr.

Happy times in our household since the Kings, for the first time in 8 years, have made it to the playoffs.

I must say, I dont mind hockey as much when the kings are winning- hubby is in a much better mood these days! LOL Usually by now we're rooting against his team so they can get a better draft pick!