The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone watch Bones?

What did you think of last week's 100th episode?

I liked it, but with a hefty dose of suspension of disbelief. Seriously: punching a federal judge and getting away with it???? A street artist becomes a facial reconstructionist just like that???? A dude with 3 doctorates degrees in 3 different fields who just happens to be an expert in all of them???

However, I am tired of being metaphorically yanked around--I soooooo wanted Bones to finally at least consider the idea of a relationship with Booth. Either Bones and Booth are going to get together or they're not, and 4 seasons (5?) is long enough to figure it out.

I also hate that the writers have during this last season had Bones toy with the idea of having kids. She's one of the few positive portrayals of an unapologetic childfree woman on TV--don't ruin it! Bones having a kid would only perpetuate the myth that a woman who doesn't want to procreate will eventually change her mind.

I guess it's a good way to keep viewers hooked. After all, I watched JAG for 7 years, long past the really best part of the series, just because I wanted to know if Harm & Mac would finally end up together....which they did in the very last episode, allowing me to die a happy woman.

BES
    Proudly owned by 2 chestnut mares
    Crayola Posse: sea green
    Mighty Rehabbers Clique

Yes- and I loved it, up until the last 2 minutes!

I agree that a lot of it wasn't particular believable, but I can get past that. I liked seeing how all the characters met and got to the place they are now. I was so excited when Booth leaned in to kiss Bones at the end that I was literally bouncing in my seat- and then was promptly crushed when Bones pushed him away.

I'm holding out hope that in the next episode Bones will realize she made a mistake and they'll start a relationship.
    Cascadia- OTTB mare. 04/04-05/10
    If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever

There was a lot that shocked me in the episode, but ultimately, it probably ended the way it needed to. They seem to be grasping around at creative plots, but most long-lived, topic-oriented shows do the same. The characters keep me coming back even if the plot makes me raise my eyebrows a little.

I didn't mind the consideration of having children. For someone as entirely logical as Brennan, it makes sense that she should pass on her brilliance and strong good looks to another generation. I'm glad it didn't pan out, but I found it to be a fairly sensible line of reasoning.

I felt so bad for Booth when we told Bones about his feelings. I can't believe she wouldn't even consider a relationship. I wonder what will happen if Booth gets into a serious relationship. Will Bones get upset or sad? Maybe they can have them get together at the end of the series, whenever that will be, but they have to get together eventually.

I LOVE the show!

I liked it (I take the whole show with that hefty suspension of disbelief ) - but I also thought it was heartbreaking.

I don't think it's the end of the world and/or show, as some people seem to. Honestly, the writers would have to work really hard to make it work if the two of them WERE romantically involved (and still keep the plot focused), so I'm OK with it. I'll take the JAG ending when the time comes, and be happy.
    Proud member of the EDRF

This is one of the few shows I actually do watch. I was somewhat disappointed that Bones had the reaction that she did, because she obviously has had "relationships" with other men in past seasons, some of whom she sort of seemed to be emotionally attached to, some not.

Booth is the one person in her life who has never let her down. Why would she push him away? She was plenty upset when she thought he had really died after being shot a few seasons ago. It is fairly obvious that she wants so much (deep-down) to have a real relationship with someone she can count on after all the abandonment and pain she suffered as a child.

I guess the writers are just going to string us along, or perhaps they are going to use the argument that they cannot have a relationship because then they would be breaking FBI policy regarding fraternizing with co-workers or informants etc. Not that either of them is particularly a strict follower of the rules...
    Tricia Veley-First Flight Farm
    Boerne, Texas
    830-537-4150 phone/830-537-4154 fax
    www.firstflightfarm.com
    FFF Page on Facebook: Become a fan!
    FFF Channel on YouTube: See videos

I also like the show, but this relationship thing has gone on entirely too long at this point. They should have been together by now. I really hope they don't try to drag it out anther season or two...

Caitlin
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

I'm still seriously PISSED at Brennan! I don't care if it's a TV show, WTH is the matter with her? Poor Seeley pours his heart out and gets nada!

They need to make ever-logical Bones re-consider the relationship thing! They NEED to be together already!

I agree that it left me disappointed. I know they are afraid that if they get together people will stop watching, but I am sort of over the whole thing after this long.

Now I want Angela and Hodgens to get back together.

It was nice to see Zach again, though.

I really want to see Angela and Hodgens back together too, I loved them as a couple.
    Cascadia- OTTB mare. 04/04-05/10
    If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever

I love this show, but found the episode extremely depressing.