The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Morven Park show..this weekend!

Good luck everybody!!!! Who is going/went? How did it go for you???......Sounds like it won't be like last year when we had driving winds and heavy rain (remember those of us crazy enough to show wearing heavy raincoats OVER our show clothes?).....and then day 2 was cooooooooooold and sunny (30s in April just ain't horse show weather around here!).......Anyhoo, hope everybody has good rides! .......

I will be working/volunteering there tomorrow- weather is just perfect right now for me (I like it cool) but it will be warmer tomorrow,
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

GORGEOUS day! A little windy this morning made for some fresh young horses, but lots of terrific riding. John, who rides for Mo Swanson, was wonderful to watch - icewater in his veins! Ulla Parker, too, presented several horses with real grace. I think she had four horses in the top 6? Wow!

My chestnut mare was WONDERFUL in our very conservative Brentina Cup warmup, and got a 65.5% with a 9 on our first centerline.

CONGRATS!!!!! Yes, it was a lovely day....super nice horse show weather.......sigh.......

I volunteered as a ring steward on Sunday... morning was in the indoor and afternoon was in Ring 4. It was a gorgeous day!

I must say I was surprised by how many competitors are still sticking with their top hats. Oh well... guess tradition is hard to break.

The weather couldn't have been any better eh?......

WOW! CONGRATS HOLLY!!!!.....(great name, btw).......
    You must be (should be!) thrilled!!!!

Talking

Yay Holly!!!
    I am tired from the show- and I was just a volunteer. I did awards which meant sitting and waiting for folks, then getting up, finding the test, pulling the ribbon, then repeat. Felt like doing 200 squats!!! I think if I volunteer again I need to take the day after off to recover. Oh, then had to go afterwards to see my horse and groom him (did not ride as he is getting over an abcess). So 2 more hrs of driving- oy! No wonder I am tired!!!
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

Anybody know when and where the results will be posted?
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

They should be on the VADA/Nova calendar--

http://www.vadanova.org/show/calendar/index.html#apr

but I don't know how long it takes to get them up.

Quote Originally Posted by HollysHobbies View Post
    THANKS ALL! I AM REALLY EXCITED GUYS! I rode First Level for 15 years, and last year, my horse and I got a great new trainer who I adore, I started investing in as often as I could afford weekly lessons with her (I've always ridden daily, but I really respect her philosphy and riding, so I said to myself, it's now or never...bronze or bust) and me and my 20 YEAR OLD selle-francais who I have owned for a decade got our Bronze Medal within only one year of competition doing only a local (within 2 hours) show a month on a shoestring budget. I work a regular job all day and then gallop home every afternoon to ride before dark. I'm so shoestring I drive a truck with over 200,000 miles in Bright FREAKIN' Yellow that's an old Rappahannock Electric Truck that says home consultant on the side and I trim my own horse's feet to save $$. So yeah, I'm really proud. HIGH HO SILVER, here I come!
    Wow...you inspire me. Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm really happy for you and although I don't even know you, am very proud of you and your horse!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Default We came, we saw, we conquered!

Had a great show at Morven, many many thanks to all the stalwart volunteers to work so hard to run that show.

We had a blast, Xafaire and I tackled 1st 3 and 4, and boy did we come away with some ideas of what we need to work on! Nothing like a show to point out the weak areas in your training!

Halifax was a super good boy. The judges in the young horse class were impressed with his work ethic, manners and submission! And he did a good Tr 4 as well.

Miss Cita was, as always a super star in 2nd level, she won one, was tied for 1st in another and we never did find out how she did in the last class as they had a scoring snafu going on and we had to leave before they posted all her class.

Weather was a touch windy and cold in the mornings but overall it was gorgeous.

See Y'all next time.
    MW
    Melyni (PhD) PAS, Dipl. ACAN.
    New edition of book is out:
    Horse Nutrition Handbook.

www.knabstruppers4usa.com

I work a regular job all day and am a true Ammy and then gallop home every afternoon to ride before dark. I'm so shoestring I drive a truck with over 200,000 miles in Bright FREAKIN' Yellow that's an old Rappahannock Electric Truck that says home consultant on the side and I trim my own horse's feet to save $$. So yeah, I'm really proud. HIGH HO SILVER, here I come!
    Holly
    That's awesome. Congratulations HH!!!!
    Second Fiddle Farm

Sadly I missed this show. Hopefully we will be able to make the next one.

Congratulations, HollysHobbies!

Figgy and I are hoping to finish our Bronze either this year or next, depending on how easily we can advance. It's a life dream of mine, and it seems like it's taking a lifetime. I got my first three scores (First and one Second) many years ago with my "ranch-broke Arab". Figgy got the second Second Level score. All we need is Third...

THANKS ALL! I AM REALLY EXCITED GUYS! I rode First Level for 15 years, and last year, my horse and I got a great new trainer who I adore, I started investing in as often as I could afford weekly lessons with her (I've always ridden daily, but I really respect her philosphy and riding, so I said to myself, it's now or never...bronze or bust) and me and my 20 YEAR OLD selle-francais who I have owned for a decade got our Bronze Medal within only one year of competition doing only a local (within 2 hours) show a month on a shoestring budget. I work a regular job all day and am a true Ammy and then gallop home every afternoon to ride before dark. I'm so shoestring I drive a truck with over 200,000 miles in Bright FREAKIN' Yellow that's an old Rappahannock Electric Truck that says home consultant on the side and I trim my own horse's feet to save $$. So yeah, I'm really proud. HIGH HO SILVER, here I come!

BayBoys--Yes, I had really late rides Sunday at 3 and 4 pm, so by the time I got to you, you looked really tired you poor thing (I was the person stuffing my face with gummy bears b/c I didn't make it to the food stand until my 2nd ride and they were closed, so gummy bears and my impending bronze medal were my lunch) THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING! WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

Holly
    OMG, this is just perfectly put! My "regular job" is teaching anything with a pulse to ride in order to be able to pursue my dressage dreams (not to mention pay the mortgage), and this gives me hope. I want my bronze before I croak dammit , and this inspires me to try harder. My pony's showing first solidly, and schooling second - it's me who needs to get my butt in gear. Many congrats on your big achievement!!!