The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sound, Fancy, Ready to Show TB Mare NoVA

I have been on the receiving end of some very generous people, allowing me to own my once in a life time horse. I wanted to pay it forward to someone, so I am offering this mare for free, to the very right home. I am hoping that someone will love her as much as I love the mare someone else did this for me.

I am the one riding her in the pictures, and I am 5'10. Holly is an 8 year old, sticks exactly at 15'3, chestnut TB mare, she has a lot of chrome, is a fancy mover, great jumper. She is 100% sound, no vices, great feet (currently only in front shoes), UTD on all vaccines and deworming, and she is an all around great mare. I have her on our website, you can see her ad, plus her pedigree here:
    http://westwindequine.com/NiceNHeavenly.htm

Holly is best suited for a more advanced rider, someone who wants to compete. She is a LOVELY mare on the flat, great mouth, bends around your leg, great half halt, moves well off the seat and leg into a great contact. She is a brave and athletic jumper, not spooky, not silly, and I feel she would be a great mid level (Training-Prelim) event horse, or jumper, but moves well enough to be in the top after dressage as well. She is NOT for a beginner rider, or lesson program. She is the real deal and if I can't find the home I'm looking for, she's remain here and show this summer with me.

I am looking to give her to someone who may be low on funds to initially buy a horse to compete, but is able and wanting to compete, plus can give her a solid home. She will go with a bill of sale, and references will be checked.

Holly is a very special mare and I really hope I can find her the phenomenal home she deserves, plus make someone really happy in the process. I do have a few pictures of her jumping, no video. I also have her papers which will go with her. She's been with me since the summer of 2009.

She does only have half her tongue, I was told when I got her it happened as a yearling. It does not seem to effect her in anyway other then she has an easier time eating larger size treats, like apple wafers. She goes in a rubber mullen mouth loose ring, or a happy mouth.

Please email me at westwindfarms @ gmail.com (remove the spaces) or PM me if you have any questions about Holly. We are located in Marshall, VA, just outside Upperville and Middleburg VA.
    WestWind Farms
    Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris

Bump...what a nice mare.
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.

If I wasn't ill and can't ride the very talented horse that I half own right now, I would take her in a heartbeat to bring along the levels of eventing. You never know how far they are going to max out till you go up thru them.

Default sent you a PM

Let me know if you did not get it!
    Shoulders back, hands down, leg ON!

http://mellvinshouse.blogspot.com/

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has expressed interest in Holly! I have a few great leads on homes for her, and I promise I will email and return all PMs today.

She is still available, and if anyone has any questions about her, feel free to ask me.

Thanks again.
    WestWind Farms
    Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris

Good luck Ishi! That is a fantastic opportunity for someone She is really lovely.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Thanks for your prompt reply today. It sounds like she is going to make someone a lovely horse.

I don't know much about her dam's bloodlines, but Hail to Reason and Hoist the Flag on top? Very cool. I hope she finds a fantastic home!
    "A canter is a cure for every evil." -Benjamin Disraeli

we had a mare with similar breeding and there were not enough nice things to say about her temperment and work ethic. whoever gets this mare will be very lucky indeed.

I think Holly just found her one in a million home, exactly what I was hoping for in posting her here! If anything changes I will update, but for now I think she is going exactly where she was meant to be. I am so happy! Thanks to everyone who inquired about her.
    WestWind Farms
    - George H. Morris

awwww
    (blushes)
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin