The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 2 yo Bermese Mountain Dog type spayed femail-KY

We have a beautiful, 2 year old spayed female Bermese Mountain Dog type dog that needs a good home. She is super sweet, but is trying to take the alpha dog position from my 4 year old German Shepard. She gets along great with our other dogs (we have 8 total), but these two are more and more frequently fighting for dominance.

She is great with the horses, cats, chickens... staying around the farm, greeting the UPS man, etc.

My dad lives with us and got bit by the German Shepard while trying to break up another fight today. I don't want him to have to deal with that.

She needs a home with no other dogs or more submissive dogs. We do not have small children, but have a 13 year old that often has "wild" friends over and Nanna is great with them. She is house broken, loves to swim and be with people. She is up to date on all of her vaccines.

Pics available on request. I can deliver if needed.
    If you always do what you've always done- you'll always get what you've always gotten.
    Madison Ridge Farm

Default Bermese Mountain Dog

I live in Sulphur Ky, which is in Northern Ky 35 miles NE of Louisville. I am in need of a good farm dog that is used to horses, chickens and goats. Do you think your dog would fit this bill? I can offer her a good home with lots of love. I have 2 Basset Hounds that are kept in the house, and 2 barn cats.
    Please let me know what you think.
    Thanks,
    Vivian

Default Oops- female

Posting at 3am is not a good idea, because apparently I can't spell...

Vivian-

Nanna is a great farm dog. She has never met goats, but I can't imagine that she wouldn't be ok with them since she is fine with the chickens and cats.

She loves staying outside... but does come in with us in the evening. She might "knock" on your door if she is living outside.

Do you have a fenced area or are you away from the road?

It is funny that you have Bassetts. Nanna's "best friend" here is our "Beaglett"- Beagle/Bassett mix ;-)

PM or email me with references if you are interested. I can send you some pics as well. She has just gotten clipped for the summer.
    If you always do what you've always done- you'll always get what you've always gotten.
    Madison Ridge Farm