The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Schooling Helmet!?

http://www.smartpakequine.com/produc...ctClassid=8434

This was under the "new rider gear" on SP's site. I saw it on the advert on the right side of the COTH page. I thought the pink was cute. Yes, I am well aware it's pink and that I'm 30.

I was thinking it would be a cute schooling helmet. I looked it up...

900 bucks!? Are you kidding me? One of my horses was shipped from Tucson to NW Washington state for less than that!

So, fess up... who has this helmet? Even the black or brown don't look like they 'should' be in the show ring...

Maybe I can find one on eBay for like $100 someday. In pink!
    Steppin Not Dragon "Bella"
    Top Shelf "Charlie"
    Check out the Military + Horses fb page!

Quote Originally Posted by hollynanne View Post
    http://www.smartpakequine.com/produc...ctClassid=8434

This was under the "new rider gear" on SP's site. I saw it on the advert on the right side of the COTH page. I thought the pink was cute. Yes, I am well aware it's pink and that I'm 30.

I was thinking it would be a cute schooling helmet. I looked it up...

900 bucks!? Are you kidding me? One of my horses was shipped from Tucson to NW Washington state for less than that!

So, fess up... who has this helmet? Even the black or brown don't look like they 'should' be in the show ring...

Maybe I can find one on eBay for like $100 someday. In pink!
    $900 for a helmet, no thanks... The most I ever paid was for that speed air of mine, and that took a lot of convincing myself that it was a solid purchase, despite Charles Owen giving me a free new helmet a few months prior.

I don't have one, but my dad offered to buy me a non-custom one that was on special at the Royal last year for $350, I turned him down because I hated the way it looked on my head. But seeing how much they cost regular maybe I should have bought one and sold it...

I thought much the same thing--"Oh, cute, a pink and brown helmet...WHAT THE FRELL?" That is more than more horse cost. Actually that is more than the horse, the saddle, and the bridle. (They're all secondhand but still.)

I think I would just get a hat cover if I were an eventer instead of a 'custom helmet'. And for a schooling helmet? Uh...I'll stick with the Troxel Dakota I just got. I'm good.