The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Perlino QH Gelding - Free To Good Home or Free Lease - Maryland

This is the 2nd horse from the same owner who needs a new home soon. She has had him since he was 4 months old and he is just coming six now. I see him everyday, but personally haven't handled him or spent much time with him. Here is what his owner has to say about him:

He is 15.3 hands tall, has blue eyes, wears front shoes (but has been barefoot in the past), sound, no health problems, is UTD with shots/teeth/coggins/farrier and trailers well. He is very well educated as a western pleasure horse, was shown as a 2, 3 and four year old and did very well. He needs an experienced rider, since he is still young and does get bored easily with repetitive work. He has a very sweet, willing personality, and is very smart. He could excel in whatever you wanted him to, so long as you took the time to work him. His only thing is that he can't be kept as a field care horse because of his pale coloring. He'd sunburn like crazy. He can be kept with mares or geldings and is easy to handle... no vices. Easy keeper.

She is currently offering him for Free lease, but will give him to an excellent home with the right situation.

If interested, please contact me and I will put you in touch with his owner.

Pictures of Sky:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...4&id=656794262

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&id=656794262

Oh, I would SO be divorced if I asked for info on him.......please make me stop typing!!!!!!
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

LOL, I know the feeling all too well!! I'd take the mustang, geld him and make a trail horse out of him in a second if I wouldn't come home to the doors locked and all of my stuff in the road!!!

We're taking in one of the ponies we adopted out a few years ago while doing the rescue because the adopters are having a hard time with her (PMS, lol) or I'd seriously be bringing the mustang home. I need to hit the lottery so badly!

I'm happy to give you the owners info on the Perlino if you'd like me to enable you!

You can give me that plus the name of the best divorce lawyer you know.....ya know, he WOULD look good next to my champagne QH mare......sigh....but would the spotless Appaloosa be jealous???
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

Surely they can sell a fancy horse like that? Why are they giving him away?

She's giving him and her mustang stallion away because she has until May 1st to get out of the barn she's at now...so do I and the rest of the boarders for that matter. Tough situation all around for everyone.

She was (well, still is for now) the barn manager and ran the business end. She's been having a lot of issues with the so-called 'property manager' and finally threw in the towel...her and all boarders have to move by May 1st.

She has these two, another QH mare and a young Mustang gelding and can't afford to board all 4 of them since she'll have no income come May 1st and they'll be depending fully on her husband's income.

Default Does she have video?

I have a retired 17 hand cremello.

Hollyn
    Shoulders back, hands down, leg ON!

http://mellvinshouse.blogspot.com/

Default Video

I'll call her now to see if she does - I'm thinking that she would have a video, but if not, I can get one of him this weekend for you & post it. Probably won't be until Sunday night, but I'll try to get it up earlier.

I sent you a pm a few days ago...just making sure you got it

amysanimalhaven2006 Guest

Default QH

PLEASE e-mail or call me i can offer this horse a great home vet references and farrier references as well as a professional trainer to work with him . I am looking for a horse to show western pleasure

Default Change of Plans....

I just finally got in touch with her - she has decided to free lease him first and will give him away as long as it's a good match, but wants to do the free lease first. I was alerted that she has him listed on Craigslist as a free-lease and that she wants him to stay in the Harford County area - this was not told to me when I was asked to help, she just asked me to help find him a good home. Soooo, on that note, I will post her email address and anyone interested can contact her directly to see exactly what is going on. I apologize for writing that he needed a home as a give-away when she's now decided to free lease him. I was told about the craigslist post by another COTHER, not the owner, and called her to confirm because she didn't tell me that she changed her plans. I'd rather just have anyone interested go directly to her about the situation because I get a little wary of trying to help someone and things get changed suddenly and I'm not notified.

Thanks guys!

Her email: George_dusty @ hotmail . com - remove all spaces.