The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default NC: FTGH Pal the Blind Walking Horse Up for Adoption

Pal is a 6 year old buckskin registered walking horse gelding. Over a year ago I gothim off here. He was very thin and needed some TLC bad. We got him going good, weight is wonderful and he has just been a gem of a horse to own.

Due to some recent personal/health related issues I'm needing to downsize the herd. Pal is in no danger and I'm not really pushing it but thought I'd post on here to see if anyone would be interested in adding him to your herd. He adapts VERY VERY well to his surroundings, most of the time I forget he's blind and most everyone that comes over don't realize it.

He is rideable although most of the time he just hangs out. He's good for the farrier, loads well and stalls well. HE does not like getting a bath or fly spray however those two would be easy to overcome with some work.

He has been taken to school to teach young children about disabilities and is very friendly. He does kick out at imaginary horses when he eats though. He is easy to catch and halter, blankets and all that fun stuff.

He is located near Charlotte/Concord area of NC. I would like references as I want to make sure he don't end up in the same condition he was saved from. Please email graceridgefarms@yahoo.com if interested.
    Last edited by graceridgefarms; Apr. 5, 2010 at 12:50 PM.

You can see pics of Pal at his blog (which is not updated because I'm slack)
    myhorsepal.blogspot.com/

He sounds like a real doll, glad he found you! I'd consider taking him, but I currently don't have adequate facilities for a blind horse. Once upon a time back in Michigan I housed a blind mare, and she was phenomenal - they adapt so quickly. Best of luck with him, whether he moves on to a new home or not.

i have a blind horse hes my heart..i would concider another for company for my guy but im concerend about the feed kicking thing..i would be upset if my baby got kicked over feed lol...oh he is so cute..im not far from south bosten va..oh! i dont need another! horse i dont need another horse! i dond need another horse!!!but he is adorable...?why is he blind?mine was a trailer accident i was told!ugg

walk softly and be one with your horse

My vet seems to think when he started having eye problems that it was left untreated and spread but we really don't know since he came that way. The people who had him where going to put him down and I just felt like that was such a waste so through a lot of great people here he ended up with me.

I remember the charming Pal! I hope you get better soon!
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

Thanks! It's killing me to rehome him but if I don't cut back stuff it will be actually killing me. ( My internal body has told me that I need to chill and so has the doctor. I'm going to be posting some of my rescue dogs on here also.

Told the doctor that he needed to write a note to work that I needed a medically necessary vacation LOL Didn't fly of course...