The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Womanly" Riders Unite AGAIN (

Hi all
    Ijust read the Original Womanly riders thread ( weeeeellll....most of it ) and I have a particular question I didn't see answered.
    For the bosomy rider which bra do you ride in? Right now I double up on high impact sports bras, one being a few sizes too small on purpose to hold the "girls" down and the other to go over and give more support. That was great during the winter but now with this crazy spring summer weather we are having in Pennsylvania I need to find a good bra to keep the "girls" from trying to look like a Baywatch intro.

I also wanted to ask about what to wear under show clothes to you know hold it all in to keep the jiggly wigglies in place. I have often thought of wearing a true lace up corset, like what they wore in the olden days to slim the waist, of excuse me whittle the waist. But my corsets aren't your average pretend ones from Fredericks- they cost over $300 and so I don't know if I'd really want to use one to sweat in, but on the other hand, my shoulders would be back, my back straight and my tub o' tummy held in so maaaybe....

What kind of body slimming undergarmets do you suggest?

I know a lot of folks swear by Enell, but I love my Moving Comfort bras. They make one that doesn't give you uni-boob (frightening if you've got big girls) and holds them still. I

I also love my Spanx under breeches. They're wonderful things.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

I had seen Spanx but thought they would make me hot and sweaty....

I too love the moving comfort bras bc they also have higher cut armholes so you don't get side boobs. I managed to score on my first one by finding it in ross at the exact size I needed for $10.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Mom View Post
    They make one that doesn't give you uni-boob (frightening if you've got big girls) and holds them still.
    Which style is this? I'm thinking of buying one.
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Title9 has a great selection and "bra genie" to help figure out what make and model might work best. Very helpful over the phone, too.

http://www.titlenine.com/category/sp...ies.do?nType=1

How big are the girls? I am a 34 D and the Champion Powersleek works perfectly.
    "Go on, Bill — this is no place for a pony."

I wear a Shock Absorber bra, called the Bounceless Bra by Title Nine. When I was a D Cup it was all I needed. Now that I'm a G I wear one of them in DD (to keep them up) and then a sports bra on top (to keep them in.) I also never ride in an underwire, because I got bruised ribs from one when I fell off.

When I was bigger, I rode in three My regular underwire for separation (I know some people won't, but it was the best option for me...) and two high impact sport bra tops over that for additional stabilization/anti spillage.

Now I'm in a champion (don't know the model, but it came from Dick's) with a back closure and underwire cups.

Love my Enell. I'm a 36D and the bounce is just gone with that thing on. It's huge and feels a bit funny, but you totally don't notice it when you're riding.

Another shout out for the enell...I like the "lite" only because it is not nylon which can get clammy....both WORK!
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

bump.

I'm a 34DD and swear by Enell. For me, it works really well, and although it isn't the most comfortable bra in the world (feels a bit corset-ish), it keeps the girls in place... important for the sitting trot on big-moving warmbloods, lol.

Instead of Spanx, go with Smart Slims from SmartPak. They do the job without the sweats!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

36G and I wear Enell -- it's supportive like no other and the girls DO NOT move. I don't have trouble with uniboob, but that might be because of my size.....this big and they're always gonna try to go off without supervision
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.

2 members found this post helpful.

I wear a 36G so for maximum compression I wear an Enell. Here are two pictures to show me regular bra and squished. The one thing with the Enell is that it gives you uniboob so I wear a regular underwire below it.

Enell http://www.flickr.com/photos/5296733...n/photostream/

Regular http://www.flickr.com/photos/5296733...57605224522494

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

I'm a 34DDD and I swear by the Shock Absorber bras. I have two different models, this one and this one. I actually have them in a 36DD because that's what size I was when I bought them a year ago. I prefer the second one because its a bit lower in the neck but both are really supportive with minimal to no bounce.

I've been riding in the Moving Comfort Maia bra for a while now and am very happy with it. It has an extra layer over the top that keeps thing nice and smooth.
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

ENELL!

I am a 44DD, and I love*love*love my Enells! I went to their website, and did my measurements. Of course I fell between two sizes, so I emailed their customer service to ask which one to order --- never heard back, but I'm sure it's a fluke.

So, as with everything, I looked on eBay, and ....voila! Someone sells the ones that are "mis-sized" by an inch or two, so I found 2 that were my measurements, and paid less than 1 from the Enell website. Score!

Does anyone know if any bricks-&-mortar stores carry Enell? I'd love to try before I buy...
    *friend of bar.ka

"Evidently, I am an unrepentant b*tch, possible trouble maker, and all around super villian"