The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Well those who have not followed the CBER thread, I rescued Fiona from the Columbia Basin Equine Rescue last month. We have been trying to been getting a trailer up to her during that time and we finally found one. She left Sunday evening from Washington state and got to the barn (in CA!) last night at 8:30. Fiona is pregnant with what we believe is a dinasour (haha, no, we actually have no idea) but she is GIANT. She is currently waxing and has a full udder and and the baby has moved into posistion. So I am on Foal Watch. But i will get new pictures of her up every day. Here is from Day One. She wouldn't come out of her stall, so we just let her hang out and do what she was comfortable with. So that is Fiona...
    Here are your pictures!
    Princess Fiona. Day 1

Default UPDATE : The Offical Fiona & Monday Thread (New Monday News and Pics 4/5/09!)

Well those who have not followed the CBER thread, I rescued Fiona from the Columbia Basin Equine Rescue last month. We have been trying to been getting a trailer up to her during that time and we finally found one. She left Sunday evening from Washington state and got to the barn (in CA!) last night at 8:30. Fiona is pregnant with what we believe is a dinasour (haha, no, we actually have no idea) but she is GIANT. She is currently waxing and has a full udder and and the baby has moved into posistion. So I am on Foal Watch. But i will get new pictures of her up every day. Here is from Day One. She wouldn't come out of her stall, so we just let her hang out and do what she was comfortable with. So that is Fiona...
    Here are your pictures!
    Princess Fiona. Day 1
    Last edited by Little Indian; Apr. 5, 2009 at 08:48 PM.

I htink by the size of her belly she is going to have Shrek!!! Good luck!!! Can we have a baby shower?

Holy cow! I think she must be having two dinosaurs! Can't wait to see day 2..........bet you have little one(s) by day 3
    .........just call me Nana.

She is currently nesting! and has gone down and gotten up twice in the last 20 minutes. going back to the barn with camara to see if there is anything new

I was just thinking...what if she's gonna have a mule?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alagirl:
    I was just thinking...what if she's gonna have a mule? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHAHA Don't say that!!! That is literally LI's biggest fear!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, she is georgous!!! We shoul dall take guesses on teh sex, color, and date and time of birth. I say she'll have a colt with lost of white, this time tomorrow night.

seriously, a mule is my biggest fear!! Either way, she and baby have ahome for life. Miss Fiona is still nesting and covered in straw. Vet is on standby

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Little Indian:
    seriously, a mule is my biggest fear!! Either way, she and baby have ahome for life. Miss Fiona is still nesting and covered in straw. Vet is on standby </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't say that! Draft mule have a serious fan community! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif

I sure she isn't used to Government housing...it could take month till the nest is done! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

~* Life is the dance you choose *~

LI - she is really beautiful! It looks like she let you get close enough to her to braid her mane and do her tail so she must not be too scared. That is so funny that she wouldn't come out of her stall - she probably feels comfortable in there..

I remember on the CBER website that they said she was a "draft pony" how tall is she?

she is no bigger than 13.3/14 hands. 14 hands is pushing it. but her feet are HUUUUGE.

Oh how exciting that you finally got her down there! Keep us updated on how the foalwatch goes. We expect pictures!!!
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

LI- I'm SO excited for you and Fiona! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

YIPPEEE! I'm so glad you were able to do this! She looks great ! (Huge...but great!)

-amy

I wonder if she is going to have more than one. I'll bet she has them before MOnday. Are the people who are taking her going to play with her and the babies?

yes they are. She will eventually be started under saddle. Baby will be turned out with other foals upon weaning (and also with mom when they get there). I keep on joking that we can tell people she is an imported gypsy pony and sell her for big bucks because her feathers are MASSIVE!

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

good luck. princess fiona is absolutely adorable!
    Dreaming in Color

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Little Indian:
    seriously, a mule is my biggest fear!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A woman I worked for years ago got in two rescued ponies, both of which were very pregnant, and nobody knew who or what daddy was. When the first one foaled, her sister-in-law comes running into the house yelling "It has little ears!! It has little ears!!"

So here are some jingles for little ears!