The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default The Fork!

At the end of the first day of dressage, Allison Springer/Arthur have a solid lead in the CIC***, with a 36.9. Mara Dean/Nicki Henley are 2nd with a 41, and Leslie Law/Fleeceworks Mystere Du Val is close behind with a 42.10. Rounding out the rest of the top group is Selena O'Hanlon/Colombo in 4th (45.9) and a tie for fifth between Philip Dutton/Tru Luck and Michael Pollard/Wonderful Will (both sitting on a 47).

Lots of great pairs to come tomorrow with an eye at challenging Allison's lead, with the good money on folks like William Coleman/Twizzle, Buck Davidson/My Boy Bobby, Karen/Mandiba, and Philip/Woodburn.

In the Advanced, there's a three way tie for first between Mara Dean/High Patriot, Philip/Connaught, and Hanna Burnett/St. Barths. Buck/Titanium and Boyd/Remington XXV round out the top five, with Amy Tryon/Coal Creek and Kristin Backman/Gryffindor close behind.

Live scoring courtesy of www.evententries.com .

is there a results link? can't find one on the website link.
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Does anyone know the breeding on Dazzling Dekorum? (I only ask because we bred and sold a stallion named Dekorum, and I wondered if this was a relation).
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Default Live scoring link

Quote Originally Posted by RunForIt View Post
    is there a results link? can't find one on the website link.
    http://www.evententries.com/livescoring/14332.html

So I'm guessing it's working for you? I just get that 'results will be posted the morning of April 1'? Usually it works great for me.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

Yes it's working fine for me. I think internet connection there might be a bit flakey.

Cell phone reception certainly can be.

Wish we were there! Our big pony misses his barnmate. . . cheering for Holly and Stuart!

Quote Originally Posted by not again View Post
    Does anyone know the breeding on Dazzling Dekorum? (I only ask because we bred and sold a stallion named Dekorum, and I wondered if this was a relation).

JER owns her so she will probably see this and tell you, but I'm pretty sure her sire is Catherston Dazzler.
    T3DE Pact

Woo Hoo!! Go Hannah!

Thanks - worked great!!! will check asap tomorrow afternoon!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Working great now, yay Simba and Cathy W!
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

DH and I are heading down tomorrow to x/c fence judge Saturday and Sunday - very excited to get away for a couple days, and the weather is supposed to be great!!!!
    stained glass groupie
    www.equiglas.com

Quote:
    Originally Posted by not again

JER owns her so she will probably see this and tell you, but I'm pretty sure her sire is Catherston Dazzler.
    Yes, she is by Catherston Dazzler and out of a TB mare called Zydeco. JER bred her and has had several more foals from that mare. Dekorum has been competed lightly and found everything very easy - able to move up the levels fairly quickly.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

Blugal is correct, although Dekorum's mum's name is spelled Zydeko (she had the name when I got her).

Zydeko is a Michigan-bred JC TB registered as Bett's Jet.

(A few more things:

1. Blugal rode Dekorum at 3/4 and actually got her started jumping. Currently, she is looking after Zydeko. Although Blugal is quite bright in most respects, she has on more than one occasion called Zydeko by her daughter's name. They do look more or less identical.

2. Dekorum is very much a girly mare so there'd be no mistaking her for a stallion. )

Anyone there and getting photos?

Or know who the photographers are??

I'm heading there this afternoon and CAN'T WAIT!!!!! It's my first "big" event and I'm just a bit excited.

Dekorum is very much a girly mare so there'd be no mistaking her for a stallion. )

Our Dekorum, by Dekor out of Villa May xx, was born in here in the 80's, sold as a yearling to Donna Simmons on Long Island. He was a very sweet and easy stallion, so when Donna and her family moved back to Ohio he went along. He went to the Tannenfels people in Mi. in his twenties, and was on their stallion roster for a while.
    We are now campaigning a relation, Avebury WF, by Adamant (out of Villa May) out of Dynasty (by Dekor) with Ryan Wood, who is coming along very easily.

Interesting that the unusual name pops up on an unrelated horse!
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Wow, there were a bunch of nice dressage scores posted. It looks like folks have been working hard all winter!

Lisa Slade and I are here for the Chronicle, so we'll be posting photos and reports each day. The first story is up now: http://bit.ly/9qjGle

Let us know if you want photos of anyone specific. We're planning to shoot cross-country all day tomorrow.
    Managing Editor for the Chronicle of the Horse

The USEA has been at The Fork since Thursday covering the event. Press Releases are available on www.useventing.com and photo galleries can be seen on the blog. Just finished putting up the rest of the Advanced Photos!