The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Boarding In/Around Greenville, NC

I may be making a move to Greenville, NC, but I need to know that I'll have somewhere to keep my horse! I would prefer a self-care facility or one that offers partial board, but I will consider full board providing it isn't too expensive. It can be outside of Greenville, but preferrable no more than 20-30 minutes away. Feel free to PM me if necessary.

Thanks!

Look into Canamer Stables. They are on Facebook. I've known the woman for a few years. She takes exceptional care of the horses.

We do not offer self-care or partial board, but I am about 30 minutes from GReenville, you can check my website below. Our board rates are quite reasonable. Contact me if you'd like more info or to visit, thanks

I also board. Please visit my website. While I do primarily retirement boarding I certainly do and have boarded working horses. I'm outside of Greenville in a small community called Bear Grass. It depends upon which side of Greenville you settle on. Takes approximately 30 mins. I know both the other barns mentioned. Both barn owners/managers are very experienced and will truly care for your horse.

Perhaps to provide you with better info why not tell us a little about your horse, yourself, what type of riding, any special needs. What do you consider reasonable?

up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)

Sent you a PM.
    Full-time bargain hunter.

I have not lived in NC in 12 plus years....but I remember a place called RockRidge...and there was another place directly across from it...I believe run by Amy Hazard.......both were really close to Greenville......

LuckyDuck, you're thinking of Rock Springs Equestrian Center, which to the best of my knowledge is no longer an equestrian center.

The farm directly across used to be Blue Banks, but IIRC it is no longer there.

Amy Hazard started her own place, though for the life of me I can't remember the name of it.

OP, you may get some good info on nchorsenews.com. There are forums there where you can post this query and get more local input.

Thank you all for the help.

I'm still not sure if I will be moving, but I just wanted to make sure I had options for my horse if I do.

A little about my horse - 9 yo AQHA gelding. Pastures well with other horses; stalls well. Currently only in light work. Ridden huntseat (mostly flat, has jumped but not often). Shown occasionally. Prefer a place where he could be pastured with other horses

OMG...that was it ! RockSprings! And Man that was a pretty place...to bad it wasnt still there....Amy's place is called Otter Creek I think....I wonder what happened to Rock Springs?

I think it's an event/conference type place now. They kept enclosing parts of the indoor ring to make banquet seating, and it got smaller and smaller ... the last time I was out there was 10+ years ago though, so I'm not sure what it looks like now or what they may have done with those pretty barn wings off the main building.

But I believe it's now called the Rock Springs Center and there are no more ponies. I used to show there a lot since it was right up the road from the farm I lessoned at.